01 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

Whatever then

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2012, 6:29 am

ttqs84 wrote:
MagicToenail wrote:
I think the big question her is whether Lady Gaga (and Madonna) are sex positive or sex exploitive. Kraichgaur thinks Lady Gaga is Sex Positive and ttqs84thinks she is Sex Exploitive. There are good arguments for each point of view. They are both good on LGBT issues and lean left, so I think their hearts are in the right place, as opposed to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, who keeps on alternating between "dirty" and "abstinence advocate." In Aguilera's case I don't know whether it's cynical calculation or she's genuinely conflicted.

Women like Gaga, Madonna, and the like are sex exploitive. The only good one of them can do is that Gaga has proven that she's an authentic musician and performer, unlike Madonna. But both do support LGBT rights which is absolutely a great thing, and I too support LGBT rights. As for XXXtina, yes, she's definitely dirty and sex exploitive. Spear Britney, on the other hand, is definitely NOT the poster child of abstinence advocacy! If she was, can you explain to me why the majority of the songs and videos she does are usually sex-themed? Because she's sexually active before she began her so-called career! Doesn't surprise me. Besides, all these female pop singers have no ability to think for themselves, so they rather follow what these record execs tell them to: "take your clothes off and sing/lipsync these songs we write for you!". These bimbos will do anything to get famous and no one will take them seriously. It's very evident today!

We're both partially right about Britney. She started her career claiming virginity while singing suggestive songs, but you're right she hasn't been an abstinence advocate lately, since Justin Timberlake and her mother spilled the beans on her.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 10:08 am

Malala is a shining example for all women and girls of all faiths and nationalities...isn't it sad that we look to a Thirteen-year-old for an example?
Says so much for our culture that we have trained three generations of girls to be so appearance-obsessed and self-centered that even the female American Olympic athletes were constantly judged and criticized regarding their appearance.

Sylkat :?

Last edited by Sylkat on 03 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Masala is a shining example for all women and girls of all faiths and nationalities...isn't it sad that we look to a Thirteen-year-old for an example?
Says so much for our culture that we have trained three generations of girls to be so appearance-obsessed and self-centered that even the female American Olympic athletes were constantly judged and criticized regarding their appearance.

Sylkat :?

yeah, point well taken! and there was the media criticizing Gabby Douglas's hair during the gymnastics competition instead of her gold medal victory. HOW F**KIN' DARE THEY?!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 8:20 pm

Absolutely!
Our media trivializing what should be an inspiring display of health and strength and determination and pride...
Hairstyles!?

Sylkat

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2012, 12:29 pm

If you believe in Malala's cause and girls like her, please help by signing this petition. DON'T FORGET TO SPREAD THE WORD! :

http://www.avaaz.org/en/malala_rb/Help Malala and the UN get girls to school

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 12:25 am

signed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 12:26 am

So did my wife and I.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 7:25 am

A fat lot of good the petition will do. We have a government that is blind in one eye to Islamic outrages.

ruveyn

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

The news mentioned people in several countries are petitioning she be awarded the nobel prize.

Can you imagine? Not only is she worthy of it (imo) but it would be a huge blow to the muslim fanatics when a little girl is recognized with the planet's highest award for standing up to them.