Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron1570
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm

Vyvance. I also have ADD so the Vyvane makes me super focused. You need confidence and alot of it. I was always depressed and anti social. One day I found a religion and that gave me hope for the future. I had a game plan for what I was going to do career wise. I started working out, eating better, feeling better, meditating. I became chivalrous, I bought better close, worked harder, got better pay. Allways putting my foot out. I became a man of class. I use to be really self concious that I was a 20 year old virgin, but I use that to my advantage. Ive convinced myself to wait for marrige. Itll be the best night of my life. Plus itll be the greatest night of my life. Practice Practice PRACTICE! Vouleteer. Join a brotherhood. Ultimate self confidence. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

a. Autism has no cure.
b. Chemicals can alter your perspective.
: : Either you never had Autism, or those chemicals are affecting your mind.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aaron1570
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

Ending my denial about having autism was the gateway.
I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 10th grade, but rejected that theory.
Also I smoked weed

muff
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
a. Autism has no cure.
b. Chemicals can alter your perspective.
: : Either you never had Autism, or those chemicals are affecting your mind.

yes. the OPs claim is confusing.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:15 am

OP will need to stay on the same dose for 2 years or more; as it's been said, only time will tell. I have AS/ADHD comorbid and have been on Adderall that long. After feeling good for about 16 months executive dysfunction started to pervade and meltdown threshold lowered while stimming and other traits increased. Experiencing this in conjunction with external circumstances brought me to the ultimate acceptance that I can't cure my way out of myself.

Aaron1570
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2012, 12:15 am

Im on the high functioning aspergers level. I know Im half ret*d. Its my biggest concern. I found a way to "Cure" myself of it!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:17 am

Aaron1570 wrote:
Im on the high functioning aspergers level. I know Im half ret*d. Its my biggest concern. I found a way to "Cure" myself of it!

And that there shows how deep the knowledge of the spectrum is for most folk.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Oct 2012, 12:28 am

Aaron1570 wrote:
meditating

In clinical studies, meditation has been shown to increase empathy. I discuss the subject in The Echoing Practice.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2012, 5:16 am

This guy did not "cure" Autism, which has sensory perception issues built into the Autistic brain. He either didn't have it in the first place, or found ways to compensate.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:45 am

Aaron1570 wrote:
I use to be really self concious that I was a 20 year old virgin, but I use that to my advantage. Ive convinced myself to wait for marrige. Itll be the best night of my life. Plus itll be the greatest night of my life. Practice Practice PRACTICE!

Uh, if you're still a virgin on your wedding night, then you wouldn't have had any Practice Practice PRACTICE! Plus, you're assuming you'll get married. Just saying...

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 7:45 am

For me taking stims was counterproductive in the longterm. So as cool as the Vyanase might be (I took Ritalin and hated it, though) you probably should look into your deeper nutritional issues.

Anyway, how long have you been "cured"?

My problem with the religion thing is people still thought I was weird. I had conflicts in my "group" over what I now know is my "Aspie"ness. There was lots of emphasis on socializing/making converts and I just couldn't deliver no matter how hard I tried. Also, the friends I made there, were basically fake. They were my friends not because they genuinely wanted to be my friend, but were my friends out of religious obligation. As far as changing the world and all that, I'm disillusioned with that as well. How am I supposed to change the world when I got problems?

Ah, idealism.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

Aaron1570 wrote:

Are you implying aspergers is the same as 'half ret*d'? Dude I don't think your cured, you are taking ADD meds so I assume its a stimulants and stimulants can make you feel pretty awesome and more capable....but eventually you'll get a tolerance to some of those effects. You might want to read up on ADD, Aspergers Syndrome and any drugs you are prescribed.

Not really sure there is a condition called half ret*d.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 4:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Aaron1570 wrote:

Are you implying aspergers is the same as 'half ret*d'? Dude I don't think your cured, you are taking ADD meds so I assume its a stimulants and stimulants can make you feel pretty awesome and more capable....but eventually you'll get a tolerance to some of those effects. You might want to read up on ADD, Aspergers Syndrome and any drugs you are prescribed.

Not really sure there is a condition called half ret*d.

My NVLD almost literally makes me half ret*d. My NVLD also is diagnosed by some as Aspergers/HFA/PDD/NOS. My NVLD gives me extremely high verbal IQ, in the genius range, I think 130+, but it gives me extremely low nonverbal IQ, less than 80 I believe, which is literally ret*d level of IQ. The causation is right brain hemisphere damage of some sort, basically from what I understand NVLD clinically acts like a right brain hemisphere stroke. So I'm half a genius, half ret*d. Fun existence.

And stims while they're awesome short term, in the longterm you f**k up your endocrine system with them. It's pretty not fun. They'll do miracles short term, but with stims you're more or less borrowing from your internal energy reserves. In Chinese medicine it's called Jing. When you get off stims you WILL be worse than when you started. It's the same as if a bodybuilder goes on steroids. Do they work? Well yeah, but later in life they pay consequences. It's literally the exact same concept as steroids, just instead of testosterone, you're artificially influencing norephrine, epinephrine, seratonin, etc, levels.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

1000Knives wrote:
My NVLD almost literally makes me half ret*d. My NVLD also is diagnosed by some as Aspergers/HFA/PDD/NOS. My NVLD gives me extremely high verbal IQ, in the genius range, I think 130+, but it gives me extremely low nonverbal IQ, less than 80 I believe, which is literally ret*d level of IQ. The causation is right brain hemisphere damage of some sort, basically from what I understand NVLD clinically acts like a right brain hemisphere stroke. So I'm half a genius, half ret*d. Fun existence.

That's not "half-retarded". That's a learning disability.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

Cranking on meth and Jesus is not a cure for autism

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:56 pm

I think you both mean the same thing. If by "half-retarded" you're talking about being really, really bad at some things, as bad as somebody with a general intellectual disability, then that's a learning disability. It's common and not something you need to be ashamed of.

Autism is different from a social learning disability, though. Instead of just being bad at socializing, we have a different sort of thinking style that isn't very good for socializing, and also causes other problems as well as simply differences that are either strengths or just different ways of doing things. It's kind of like having the wrong currency, instead of not having enough money. It's a disability, but it's more complex than just the relatively simple deficits you get with most learning disabilities (though really, I don't think people with learning disabilities would call them at all "simple" either to deal with or explain to others).

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com