Do you want guests to leave your house when they come?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lonely_Island6
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2012, 9:52 am

I don't typically have guests over... it stresses me out... only people I'm dating are allowed over and its only after the housekeeper comes and/or I am confident that everything is in its proper place. I don't know if I could live with someone. Maybe I will need my own room, like a "woman cave" or something... I need privacy and alone time...

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

I don't particularly like having people coming around our house because everyone talks at the same time and whenever i try to make a conversation they are not interested which means i don't exist.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 3:51 pm

I don't like having guests, unless I invited them myself and because I wanted to, not because I had to.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 3:51 pm

Yup.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm

I actually prefer guests that aren't there to see me. My own guests I have to entertain from start to finish whether I feel like I can handle it or not. If my parents have guests, on the other hand, I can say hello then go hide in my room if I feel like it. Or just sit there with them and not say a word. There is no pressure for me at all to be the communicative host, so it doesn't bother me. I do, however, desperately try to avoid having company of my own.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

finger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Nov 2012, 10:12 pm

I hate it because I can't stick to my normal way of doing things.

NutcrackerPrincess

04 Nov 2012, 11:49 pm

Friends or people my own age...yes.
People who have wronged me or ignored me once before... or who are easily offended by me...yes.

I don't like people my own age very much...
Even my fiance is about 6 years older than me... and I like it that way.

But people who are much older... like my parents' friends or my own friends who are 15 or 20 years older than me. Because I not only enjoy them as friends but I respect them and just want their presence...even if it has nothing to do with me. Older people are more receptive t to me and my ideas and appreciate what I have to offer in the conversation... others just blow me off, even if I do try to be social and ask THEM questions...they just blow me off all the time.

My parents are ministers and we have a lot of pastors come to our house. I have a natural respect for most pastors who come and visit us and I just enjoy having them around. :)

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 3:27 am

hmm

there are a few people like my mother, brothers and a single friend where that doesnt seem to happen, unless something extroordinary happened.

with everyone else it is a function of how much they go on my nerves versus how busy i am, usually for an hour or so before i start to get antsy.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 3:59 am

Yeessssss.