The Villainy of Mitt Romney and his .... horse?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 4:35 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM[/youtube]

Quote:
It’s official: The long presidential campaign is starting to make children cry.

In a video being widely circulated online Wednesday morning, a mom asked her four-year-old daughter, Abigael, why she is crying. She responds: “It’s because I’m tired, I’m tired of Bronco Bamma and Mitt Romney.” Mom responds, “That’s why you’re crying? Oooooh. It will be over soon, Abby. OK? The election will be over soon, OK?”

According to Denver’s KUSA, the mom and daughter, who live in Fort Collins, Colo., were on the way to the grocery store and listening to NPR news on the radio when the girl started crying.

Just before noon, on NPR’s “The Two-Way” blog, Mark Memmott wrote: “On behalf of NPR and all other news outlets, we apologize to Abigael and all the many others who probably feel like her. We must confess, the campaign’s gone on long enough for us, too. Let’s just keep telling ourselves: ‘Only a few more days, only a few more days, only a few more days.’ ”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/3 ... ldren-cry/

Poor kid.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Not to mention this circus of an election is starting to see its fair share of violence from both sides. I sense a big social conflict, perhaps a civil war coming up, then china will swoop on in like the vulture it is.

We got a different form of protest in my area. its funny when people are getting arrested left and right on felony charges for stealing and/or burning campaign signs. I swear, by the time the elections are all over and done with, your going to have my whole local area other than the elderly in prison >_>.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 7:10 am

^^^ That's interesting.... I'd say that if the election is contested, like 2000, or if the Tea Party tries to implement some kind of radical austerity, there could be riots here.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:03 am

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ That's interesting.... I'd say that if the election is contested, like 2000, or if the Tea Party tries to implement some kind of radical austerity, there could be riots here.

Yeah, apparantly there have already been murders and assaults committed. News media right now is spinning it it such a way that is says only Repubs are being targeted, yet if you actually look at alternative sources, you find both sides are getting targeted about equally.

And I think riots and whatnot are going to happen regardless of who wins/what happens, and IMO, mostly due to radical elements within both parties being the main catalyst. So my suggestion, prepare for major upheavals, who knows how bad things will get. (Not to mention I myself believe both partys need to go away, and the government needing a complete enema with much more comprehensive rules in place, such as 1 term limits for EVERYONE among many other things.)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 1:29 am

^^^

Wow… so you think the battleground states could really be battlegrounds?

Hmm, I haven’t gotten that impression in my neck of the woods, but I live in a tiny pocket of blue in a very red state.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Obama’s presidency has been bad in that it has inflamed the worst kind of crazies on the right, and they have brought out the worst of the left. That sort of thing will make violence more likely.

Also, all these new voter ID laws, and a general promotion of the idea that voter fraud is common in the US (total BS, in my opinion) is very bad too. I mean, if the elections aren’t legitimate—it makes violence seem more legitimate.

Lastly, teaparty gridlock makes violence more likely too. I mean, the teaparty is all about small/no government. They don’t need to win a majority in congress or the senate, all they need to do is have enough people to stop up the works and they get what they want… It’s the perfect way for a radical minority to thwart the majority… Government’s only purpose is to allow us to work out our disagreements without killing each other. If you break the government (like the teaparty has)… well, if you take away compromise, violence is the only other option.

I hope we haven’t really gone that far, but it has happened before and could happen again.

PS

This thread has turned out to be a lot darker than I'd planned...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 2:42 am

Didn't I read something somewhere about him once going on vacation and putting their Irish Setter in a carrier and strapping it to the top of their car, rather than inside somewhere?

Even I know not to do that. Reminds me of that scene in the story "Vacation" from Natl Lampoon Magazine where the guy drove off from the picnic area with their dog still tied to the bumper.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 4:43 am

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^

Hmm, I haven’t gotten that impression in my neck of the woods, but I live in a tiny pocket of blue in a very red state.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Obama’s presidency has been bad in that it has inflamed the worst kind of crazies on the right, and they have brought out the worst of the left. That sort of thing will make violence more likely.

Also, all these new voter ID laws, and a general promotion of the idea that voter fraud is common in the US (total BS, in my opinion) is very bad too. I mean, if the elections aren’t legitimate—it makes violence seem more legitimate.

Lastly, teaparty gridlock makes violence more likely too. I mean, the teaparty is all about small/no government. They don’t need to win a majority in congress or the senate, all they need to do is have enough people to stop up the works and they get what they want… It’s the perfect way for a radical minority to thwart the majority… Government’s only purpose is to allow us to work out our disagreements without killing each other. If you break the government (like the teaparty has)… well, if you take away compromise, violence is the only other option.

I hope we haven’t really gone that far, but it has happened before and could happen again.

PS

Pretty much got my point of it. Both extremes need to be eliminated in order to restore the government to where it needs to be. As well as a way to prevent filibusters (which are what causes the hold ups in everything. You cant win with a 51% which you should be able to IMO. All the government does anymore is serves the needs of the few instead of the country in general. If I had the knowledge and whatnot required I would most definitely leave the country for good, and I recommend the same course of action to everyone else. s**t is really gonna start soon, and I would rather let the corpse of america completely decompose. with all the BS its stuffed to bursting with, no point in saving it because its an impossible task.

PS:
----I didn't plan on making it dark, but that is how the situation is.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 5:49 am

Tsk tsk, it seem you 'folks' take this election stuff much too seriously.
We sum it up with words from The Who "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 7:07 am

When I was that age I don't think I even knew anything about politics or paid attention to them.

In second grade I had a teacher that made us write lots of papers that I wish I hadn't thrown away so I could post them on the internet. One she made us write had to start with "if I were the president" and one of the things I put in it was "I would be king of the world" complete with a drawing of a person standing on the world wearing a crown. I find that funny now.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^

PS

Well, I live in a red area of a purplish blue state. I don't see many signs or bumper stickers this year except for one obnoxious teabagger neighbor who's yard is filled signs saying "Fire Obama", "16 Trillion In the Hole", and "Take Our Country Back". I was thinking of putting a custom sign alongside theirs saying "Can't Afford Healthcare? Screw You!". Or if Obama wins I could put a "U Mad? Lulz" sign in their yard immediately after.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

I live in a red speck of an otherwise blue state, no trouble over here.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 12:18 pm

Lol. From the title I thought this was just a partisan bash of one sort or another but was pleasently surprised. If it would do any good I would abstain from voting to tell both partys 'You suck!', but it wouldn't, so I will vote today and try and pick the lesser of two evils.

'Bronco Bamma' gave me a chuckle. :lol:

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 3:02 pm

There are no lesser evils this time around. Repubs though sicken me moreso with their attitude towards those with disabilities and the poor so meh. We need to get rid of the propaganda machine that is mainstream media in order to give 3rd party candidates an actual chance at the election.

Putting it simple, the two major parties who get all the media coverage can go f**k themselves, preferable with glass and sandpaper. No offense intended, but I am in a foul mood due to the fact that I havent had any sleep yet today due to all the bleeding campaign phone spam. (It especially sucks if you work nightshift like I do, you literally have no chance to sleep and its been like this for the past few weeks, I have been surviving off of an hour here or an hour there.)

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
There are no lesser evils this time around. Repubs though sicken me moreso with their attitude towards those with disabilities and the poor so meh. We need to get rid of the propaganda machine that is mainstream media in order to give 3rd party candidates an actual chance at the election.

Putting it simple, the two major parties who get all the media coverage can go f**k themselves, preferable with glass and sandpaper. No offense intended, but I am in a foul mood due to the fact that I havent had any sleep yet today due to all the bleeding campaign phone spam. (It especially sucks if you work nightshift like I do, you literally have no chance to sleep and its been like this for the past few weeks, I have been surviving off of an hour here or an hour there.)

Extremists at both ends sicken me, and they seem to have gotten control of both parties. We need a purge in both parties. The best I can see doing is voting for the most moderate, regardless of party. Unfortunately those are in fewer numbers then ever in recent history... either driven to the poles or out. Many leave in disgust.

I don't ever remember such a telephone spam onslaught as this year. I am on the national & pennsylvania 'no telemarketing list' but it does not stop charities or political campaigns apparently.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

Extremists at both ends sicken me, and they seem to have gotten control of both parties. We need a purge in both parties. The best I can see doing is voting for the most moderate, regardless of party. Unfortunately those are in fewer numbers then ever in recent history... either driven to the poles or out. Many leave in disgust.

I don't ever remember such a telephone spam onslaught as this year. I am on the national & pennsylvania 'no telemarketing list' but it does not stop charities or political campaigns apparently.

I was on both of the same lists as well. And they both do a horrible job at stopping telemarketers as well. Think it may be a loophole due to presenting themselves as a "Reminder" or a "Research Survey". Voting for the moderate is no longer a valid tactic, especially if the rest of the senate and such wind up as extremists. The only real choice is forcefully giving the government an enema.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:46 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:

I was on both of the same lists as well. And they both do a horrible job at stopping telemarketers as well. Think it may be a loophole due to presenting themselves as a "Reminder" or a "Research Survey". Voting for the moderate is no longer a valid tactic, especially if the rest of the senate and such wind up as extremists. The only real choice is forcefully giving the government an enema.

I would be careful of what you wish for. Keep in mind that sh*t flows downhill, right down here where the 99 percent are.

ruveyn