Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

I've had so many job interviews over the years. Either I got laid off and was searching, or I worked as a contractor for 5 or 6 years, which meant interview after interview, two week jobs, three month jobs, unemployment. In terms of the analogy, as I sit here today, trying to score some more part time work, and having probably blown another recent interview, I feel like I've been sitting and watching a basketball game my whole life. I know everything about it, you get the ball, bounce it, pass it, shoot it. I know what I need to say in an interview, I know what I shouldn't say, give me the ball, and I'll score.

Yet every time I get into the game, they pass me the ball, and instead of shooting it, I hurl it at the referee's nuts.....that's the story of my life, I hurl the ball at the ref's nuts.......sheesh......

afternoonstage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

Don't be afraid to sell yourself to your potential employer. Tell them about positive experiences from your past jobs, and they enjoy hearing stories of problem solving and leadership of which you played a major role. I hope this helps!! !

Seth Hildebrand

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 2:06 am

afternoonstage wrote:
Don't be afraid to sell yourself to your potential employer. Tell them about positive experiences from your past jobs, and they enjoy hearing stories of problem solving and leadership of which you played a major role. I hope this helps!! !

Seth Hildebrand

What if selling yourself is like selling a rusty car with a blown head gasket?

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

1000Knives wrote:
afternoonstage wrote:

Seth Hildebrand

What if selling yourself is like selling a rusty car with a blown head gasket?

Get a sander and clean up the rust, or study snake oil sales.