Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How would/do you feel about living alone?
Living alone is my ideal living arrangement, 69%  69%  [ 46 ]
It is not/would not be my preference to live alone. 31%  31%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 67

JJ
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2006, 8:55 pm

I've been in Fareham since age 4 or so. HMS collingwood... is that the one next to B&Q, or the one on portsdown? (my memory isn't that good of HMS basis)

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 8:56 pm

Well........let's see here.........I would need an internet connection, enough money to support myself, well.........you get the picture. I'd love to move out and away from my sisters' messes and live in a clean motorhome of my own. Maybe I better start saving up........

Warren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 8:58 pm

JJ wrote:
I've been in Fareham since age 4 or so. HMS collingwood... is that the one next to B&Q, or the one on portsdown? (my memory isn't that good of HMS basis)

Next to B&Q and the ASDA store.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 8:58 pm

Once i'm 18,i'm gonna live alone...FOREVER and separate myself from humanity...

Eyphur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Dec 2006, 9:38 pm

I see myself as living alone (maybe with a pet or two). TO me getting married would be having a roommate who snored forever. It would just be too much of an invasion of my privacy. I want to be able to do what I want (when I'm not at work assusming I ever get a job [I just graduated last Saturday and no I have not sent out any resumes yet]). I don't want to have to compromise on what to eat or when to eat or what to watch on TV. I need my space to just unwind and destress and just be me.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 9:59 pm

Providing I had sufficient resources covered such as essential needs (like access to a nearby supermarket), utilities, communications, etc, I'd easily live alone and adapt. But considering that I have a partner, I would love to live with her in our own place instead of alone though.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 1:57 am

I would want to live alone, in the sense of having an apartment with no roommates. However, I would want to see my friends at least a few times a week, either my having them come over, going somewhere with them, or coming to their places.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 2:03 am

I have lived alone before but I didn't do too well. :oops: I'm better off living with someone else so that I get everything done that I'm meant to.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 2:22 am

I've been living alone since early 2004. I moved out because I was living in a rather verbally abusive environment with my parents and I just couldn't take it, it was breaking me. Given the choices living with family, and living alone I would say I could not live with family...Never again.

I would prefer a roommate, however.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 2:31 am

I don't mind living alone, but I'd prefer to have at least a cat or other pet that would be great in an apartment.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 8:04 am

Really, for the most part I feel pretty much alone all the time anyways, even with other people around.

So, it wouldn't be much of a change, save that it would be somewhat less annoying.

copernilol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2006, 8:20 am

I think I'm quite the same.

I enjoy being by myself for most activities, but seeing someone I know such as a family member and having a few conversations a day is something I guess I 'need', otherwise I feel like I'll go crazy.

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2006, 8:44 am

Once I have money, have a degree etc... etc... I would like to live in my own house. Whether that is with a loved one or on my own I don't know, only time will tell.

That's my two pence worth.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 11:56 pm

I lived with parents until late 20's then lived for a year with roommate. Hated the roommate situation being told I couldn't have friends come over but her girlfriend could stay over night. Plus her snoring, her constant bitching, her delegating all nasty chores to me, eating my groceries and having to deal with her neurotic dog. Not to mention I have allergies to perfumey things and smoke so makes it difficult to live with anyone. I have lived the past 7 years alone with my kitty and like it that way. I wouldn't mind finding a partner, adopting kids and living together. But only if its someone who will be nice to me. So far haven't met anyone that even half-way fits that bill.

Panik
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2006, 6:34 am

I live alone it's nice. Sometimes it gets lonely and depressing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 9:00 am

I manage quite well, on my own. I have everything I need. I'll have to deligate my Grocery Shopping to an assistant when my mum gets too old to help me with that, though. Otherwise, I can manage. I hate going through large Supermarkets by myself.