Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:31 am

I did a search and I realized that there is no thread on this site about reparations for slavery so I decided to make one.

Fact: The first slaves in America were Irish. http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/1638

Most people who support reparations for slavery seem to think that only blacks were slaves for some reason.

That, however, is irrelevant because I think that people should only get reparations for slavery if they were enslaved. Descendants of slaves should get no reparations. The blacks that were enslaved by Arabs in the Darfur Conflict deserve reparations but black Americans do not.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Last edited by DarthMetaKnight on 13 Nov 2012, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

sure. I've always felt a bit of unease during calls by blacks and their liberal white friends in academia for reparations for the descendants of black african slaves. I'm not white, I wasn't here during that time, and all of the whites I do know were one to two generations back immigrants themselves. Be it the basque immigrants of Eastern Oregon or the germans or russians who have filled the Willamette valley. What do you tell a hispanic? Your portion of taxes just went up because of something this country did long ago? And then what about the Japanese, who don't need government assistance... do we give them a paycheck to for what they went through?

Blacks should build themselves up by defeating the defeatest mentality that white liberals delude them into.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2012, 7:42 am

School is a training ground for work. Work is modern day slavery. We work because we have to, not because we want to.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:18 am

Rudywalsh wrote:
School is a training ground for work. Work is modern day slavery. We work because we have to, not because we want to.

Work is voluntary but most of us have to in order to earn a living......

Last edited by Raptor on 13 Nov 2012, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:41 am

the people who did the enslavement are dead and buried over 150 years.

Their descendants do not bear an iota of guilt for what their forbears did.

No Reparations!! !! !!

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

Rudywalsh wrote:

Employment is a voluntary relationship. No one has a gun pointed at him and a command to take a particular job. Work is not slavery. That is a left wing commie loving pinko stinko doctrine.

ruveyn

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

ruveyn wrote:

No Reparations!! !! !!

ruveyn

There are some countries where slavery still happens so some people actually do deserve reparations.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Nov 2012, 9:14 am

No slaves or slave owners in America are still alive today.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

Reparations should have been given to people after the Civil War,the people who were slaves THEN deserved it,it's a little late now.I thought they were suppose to get 20 acres and a mule,too bad they didn't.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:28 am

ruveyn wrote:

No Reparations!! !! !!

ruveyn

According to our national religion, we are all held as guilty and required to suffer punishment for Adam's sin some 6,000 years ago. And, what Adam did was nowhere near as bad as what slave-owners did. All he did was eat a bit of forbidden fruit, which Yahweh had no business planting in his garden in the first place.

The slave-owners clearly hated Yahweh, and

Exodus 20 wrote:
I bring punishment on those who hate me and on their descendants down to the third and fourth generation.

There is a precedent for descendants being punished for the sins of their ancestors. But, we may be off the hook, being more than four generations removed.

The freed slaves should have received each a mule and 40 acres, carved out of the old plantations. Instead, they faced many generations of continued persecution.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 10:46 am

I don't know if Yahweh hated slave owners,the Israelites had slaves but you had to free them during a Jubilee year so at least you had a chance,I think it was the same way in the U.S. In the early years,an indentured servant of any color was freed after their term of indenture was up.I watched a show about a black man who was freed and became a very successful farmer.But people got greedy and didn't want to free anyone.
But slavery still exists in many countries,many are children in the sex slave trade,they most likely will get no reparations,only misery.
And it was Yahweh's garden,man was put there to tend the garden and was told not to eat of the fruit,Eve's the one who got the worst of that deal.Yahweh seems to have been a bit more angry towards the females,and Adam wasn't forced to eat that fruit,he was just as guilty and should have been punished just as severly.But the poor snake,they really got the worst of it,Christians have associated snakes with evil ever since.The serpents really got a raw deal.

I'm sorry that they didn't get their mule and land,it only seems fair that they should have gotten a bit of the property they worked on or at least a wagon,team, supplies and finances to start somewhere fresh.I don't think I would have wanted to stay around and have to see my former owner.And if I was female and had been abused,I would really want to leave.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 10:50 am

Three words: Something for nothing.

The difference between this and the reparations made in Germany to Holocaust survivors is that there are Holocaust survivors still around. There are no more ex-slaves still around anymore.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 11:03 am

Slavery was most heavily concentrated on land that President Jackson stole from American Indian tribes. The American Indians should be entitled to reparations, too.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 11:16 am

Some wealthy Cherokee had slaves so now you would have slave owners getting some sort of reparations.But Old Hickory was an absolute ass when it came to the natives.
What % of Native blood would be required?I've got some so now I'd like my reparation please :wink:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 11:57 am

Misslizard wrote:
I don't know if Yahweh hated slave owners,the Israelites had slaves but you had to free them during a Jubilee year so at least you had a chance,...

That kind of servitude was more like indenture than chattel slavery. The master did not -own- the slave as an object and the slave had certain rights. If the mast of a slave murdered the slave he would be subject to the punishments for murder.

ruveyn

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 12:00 pm

Reparations are stupid. All the slaves are dead. All the people who enslaved the slaves are dead. Period. End of story.