Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:02 pm

I think I might be cross-posting, but I didn't mean to...I meant to start a new thread, so here goes...

Did anything help with disorganization? My son is having such a hard time. He was on adderall before, but it only helped with hyperactivity, impulsivity, and intrusiveness, none of which are problems for him anymore.

I am curious if other classes of meds might be more effective than stimulants for disorganization.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

How long was he on it and what strength? XR, IR? As an adult I don't have as much issue with impulse control or intrusiveness, the extended 30mg dose I find does connect my brain wanting to be more organized with my body doing the job to that end more than anything else I've tried. Another side effect I recognize is more awareness; I don't feel so much in a bubble around other people. I don't have any experience with Vyvanse or Concerta so I can't help much there. As a non-stim Strattera did help with organization somewhat but it had a weird manic-y/ crash cycle.