What do you think about people who ignore you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2012, 11:24 pm

I know I shouldn't be bothered by this, but I am. Has anyone had any problems with being ignored by people?

For example, I had a coworker who left to work as a police officer but he treated me horribly when I worked with him. He completely ignored me, as if I was some evil person who deserved to be ignored. When I got a new car, he DID not care, he didn't even acknowledge it whatsoever but when my dad got a new car, he was extremely attentive about it and wanted to see it, whereas he couldn't care less about me having a new car. Also, he brought one of his friends to the place I work at and introduced him to EVERYONE else BUT me. Even I knew the guy who my former a**hole coworker introduced to everyone looked puzzled when my coworker did not introduce him to me. I mean, I try to be nice to everyone but I am a quiet person and purposely being ignored or made fun of just for being myself pisses me off to no end.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 Nov 2012, 1:23 am

Yes, I have. And it's their loss for being that way towards me. That is all.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 1:29 am

I do not think about people who ignore me.

I ignore them.

Sylkat

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 1:40 am

Like Sylkat, I ignore them. But before that, I spend a week or two killing them in my mind in all imaginable ways.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 4:27 am

Good riddance. If it's my enemies or someone I don't get along with or someone who isn't a nice person, good riddance. No drama, no conflicts, woo hoo.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 7:21 am

Who?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

memie580
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2012, 10:30 am

When People ignore me then they r just missing out. But if som1 I need to talk to ignores me, I just go say what I hafta say and then leave. That's only if I need to say something really important and relavent. Even if they do not respond, I know they heard me. And if they did not pay attention, then there is no excuse because I told them. However this situation rarely happens.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 1:54 am

This has happened to me in every workplace where I have been employed, with the exception of one (and in that place although all of my co-workers seemed to like me, my boss didn't). Maybe the people who behave this way feel intimidated by being in the presence of what they sub-consciously perceive to be a spiritually, morally and intellectually superior being, and so their irrational and incomprehensible (non)-response is a way for them to cope with a situation that they just can't handle; by denying the existence of the person they feel intimidated by, they retain a sense of mastery over the situation, and this helps to soothe their battered, fragile ego.
Just a theory of mine :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:20 pm

I just ignore them back. People like that aren't worth my time.