Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

presto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2007, 12:05 pm

goomba wrote:
presto wrote:
thats just a fancy term for woman

Regardless of your take on AvPD, any man that feels they are suffering in this fashion should be encouraged to seek help and to heal, just as a woman with AvPD should do as well. I think the viewpoint that men cannot or should not experience these sorts of thoughts because it would make them "less of a man" can prevent some men from getting help.

you are really good at telling people how things should be, and what they should and should not do.

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2007, 4:45 pm

presto wrote:
goomba wrote:
presto wrote:
thats just a fancy term for woman

Regardless of your take on AvPD, any man that feels they are suffering in this fashion should be encouraged to seek help and to heal, just as a woman with AvPD should do as well. I think the viewpoint that men cannot or should not experience these sorts of thoughts because it would make them "less of a man" can prevent some men from getting help.

you are really good at telling people how things should be, and what they should and should not do.

It's my aspie talent

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 5:29 pm

I was diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder when I was disagnosed with Asperger's.

CORRECTION: It was "avoidant personality traits" listed as a subset of "Depressed Personality Disorder"