Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

Hey!
Im thinking of getting a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid.
My only issue with it is that it has a rectangular enter key rather then the upside down right L shaped enter key.
Would it make a difference in my typing having a rectangular enter key?
Thanks!

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

Madbones wrote:
Hey!
Im thinking of getting a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid.
My only issue with it is that it has a rectangular enter key rather then the upside down right L shaped enter key.
Would it make a difference in my typing having a rectangular enter key?
Thanks!

I've seen and used both the rectangular and 'inverted L' enter keys on lots keyboards over here, so neither of the two types of enter keys seem to designate some form of localised layout.

Also, I don't know how much differant it would be, but you might be able to save some cash if you hunt down a second hand original IBM PS2 keyboard, in either the full size or compact (sans A/numeric) keyboard. I've gotten them for as little as a $2 here in the US from charity stores.

WatsonJenkins
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2012, 12:40 am

Typing is depend on your practice so its your choice.

whoamiv1pt7
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2012, 2:57 pm

WatsonJenkins wrote:
Typing is depend on your practice so its your choice.

I have to agree, it does depend on your personal preference and whatever works best for you. Consider this: an "Enter" key by any other shape would function just the same (sorry I couldn't get the Shakespeare quote perfectly). Personally, I prefer the rectangular "Enter" key because I'm used to using keyboards where the "Enter" key is rectangular.