Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

justanothergal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2013, 11:00 pm

Yes, but I live in an expensive city so it's pretty common. All my "normal" friends my age are still at home. I pay all my own bills aside from rent (parents think it's best to save it for a down payment) so I'm pretty much self-sufficient.

n8dogg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2013, 2:28 am

I'm not in any position to move out anytime soon. I live in Sydney.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

I'm still living at home as well. It stinks, but as I have no money to move out, I'm making the best of it.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 5:05 pm

I still live at home with my parents as well. I don't see any reasons/advantages to move out. I have never had any problems with my parents, i don't have to pay rent/costs and the house chores are divided quite evenly(doing chores with 3 people is easier than doing it alone!).

Maybe the "urge" to move out has not "matured" for me yet?

CuppaTea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

I live at home still, and I'm twenty four. I was supposed to move out last month to be a friend of mine, but that fell through, so still here. For now.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm

ya i still live with the folks despite being 27, although i have the potential to move out and live with roommates, pitch in to pay rent for an apartment together with them, although that would mean i would have to have an increase in hours from my grocery store job, and the paycheck from there would only be enough to pitch in to pay rent for the apartment, i would still have to financially depend on my parents for the other bills, such as cell phone, medical insurance, etc.

Snowflake1785
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2015, 7:53 pm

Sort of...
I moved out at 17
Moved back at 19 (pregnant)
Moved out at 22
Moved back at 24
Moved out at 26
Moved back at 28
Moved out at 29
Back at 29
Out again just now at 30

All due to financial reasons. I'd get a job, move, things would become overwhelming and Id lose the job. Then I wouldn't look for a job for months. Eventually get a new job, and move before I was really ready to handle it.

Hopefully I have it under control now. Good job, going on 6 months about to get a raise. In therapy, to help keep things in perspective.