Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Nov 2012, 6:52 pm

bigwheel wrote:
glider18 wrote:
My dreams are not what I would call boring. A lot of my dreams center around a town on an inlet off of the ocean. There is a campground on one end of it. It seems so real, but it seems to be born out of a fictional town I am creating in HO scale for a train layout and as a setting for a novel I am writing.

That sounds highly interesting. Most aspiring writers claim you have to start out with non-fiction. Truth is stranger than fiction ya know? Just take a little more leg work to document stuff. I like the way you think. Best of fortunes on the book. I will proof read it for for free if you will send the first autographed copy. Thanks.

Thank you Bigwheel---I will definitely remember you on this.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2015, 5:42 pm

My dreams almost always involve people from my past (typically classmates). A lot of the time they are semi-realistic reenactments of actual events that have happened to me. The nightmares where I relive awkward or embarrassing moments are the worst.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 5:57 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Consider yourself lucky. How would you like to have to force yourself to wake up because the next thing you might see will be extremely violent in nature?

My dreams might have boring or non-boring things in them, but the only that matters is the emotion that gets, or doesn't get, attached to it. I have had very disturbing dreams but they were boring, ie: no emotional depth.

I had low-emotion dreams for years.

I would rather be able to be disturbed than not.

Poor motivation

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2015, 6:01 pm

my dreams are amazing! So intricate, so exciting! So vivid most of the time!

btbnnyr wrote:
My dreams are always too interesting, so I always want to stay in them, but not the ones about the really big dinosaur stalking around my village.

Reminds me of a dream I had when i was a kid quite often. But instead of a giant dinosaur, it was a giant corn cob. Absolutely terrifying!

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:13 pm

Ganondox wrote:
My dreams are downright surreal, definitely not boring. Sometimes they are so unearthly they scare me in an aetheral way.

Yeah, same here. Mine are usually filled with places that feature alot of impossible geometry and random colors, or very distorted versions of more "normal" areas. Usually everything is very nonsensical and doesnt appear to have anything to do with... well, anything.

The only recurring theme is that every now and then, instead of the usual bizarrity, there's bizarrity that takes the form of what is best described as an infinite library. Except that the structure of it makes no sense. And every shelf stuffed with books, even if the placement of the shelves also makes no sense. The overall color theme of the walls/floors/whatever is always sort of a deep green with dark brown wooden bits. I really dont understand it. This type of dream isnt exactly rare for me either.

fragmentaerie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2015, 11:39 pm

I have a mix. Boring ones- doing the dishes, walking, spinning my ring around my finger, rocking back and forth, that I'm at my bf's house watching the shadows from the tree swing across the wall.
Varying degrees of nightmare. Zombies, being a medical test subject, running from something I never see, ex comes back and kills current bf/me.
The occasional lucid dream, after which I tend to spend the next day reminding myself that I am not capable of moving things with my mind, flying, or teleporting. It's a shame, those things would be terribly convenient.
Sometimes the nightmare is what triggers the lucid state. Something too ridiculous happens, or too horrible, or I should be dead and somehow am not or don't feel bad enough, and I figure out that I'm dreaming without waking up. Those ones become really fun. No need to be afraid of anything when you're suddenly capable of exploding heads by thinking about it.