Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

Me me me!! !

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 3:50 pm

dbltall wrote:

Has anyone used an electric kettle for boiling the water? Does it get the water just as boiling as a kettle on the stove?

The new electric ones do boil pretty quick. Mine has the option to shut off at different temperatures, so you don't have to babysit the water (and no annoying whistle).

dbltall
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

Quote:
Water boils at boiling point temperature. Are you expecting it to be different depending on the heat source?

I suppose, but an electric kettle would be different. And a change. ; )

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 4:36 pm

Quote:
Has anyone used an electric kettle for boiling the water? Does it get the water just as boiling as a kettle on the stove

Yes they do...they're awesome.....they don't make that horrible hissing sound either......

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 5:32 pm

I don't know about obsessed. I have more varieties of tea than the average person, I guess. I buy my tea cheap at my Asian and Indian market. I mostly drink Jasmine green tea, usually iced with lemon. A tip, to make good lemon tea, you don't need much actual lemon juice, just cut maybe a quarter of a lemon off in a big gallon pot, drain the juice out, and just boil the lemon with the tea for a long time. It's not actually the acidity you need, it's the lemon essence, which the easiest to get is from the peel.

Let's see, I also like Thai tea, too, except for the fact most contain artificial orange dyes. I dunno, at my Asian market, I can buy tea really cheap. Like $2-3 a pound sometimes.

Not a big fan of black teas, like greens more. I do like matcha tea, with milk. Barley tea is great, too, toast barley in a pan and make tea out of it. Good drink.

Mint tea I've found to be almost the ultimate workout recovery drink, for how quickly it cools the body down. Barley tea is also good in summer, but to me, both mint and barley in winter just make me tired, probably because in Chinese medicine theory, it's "cold" and it's cold out, and yeah.

I make mint tea from scratch, Indian market sells 200g of mint for $2. So I mix that in with tea, or make it straight.

Chai masala is good, my old boss taught me how to make it. Cardamom, yum yum. You can make it with green tea, too.

I usually prefer iced tea, but I will drink hot.

I have some medicinal teas I drink, not really because I like them, but it's simply cheapest to take that way. I take eucommia bark tea before and after workouts, as it's a testosterone boosting tea (actually it's a SARM, selective androgen receptor.) Rhodiola Rosea I also take sometimes, it's sort of an SNRI/stimulant, definitely a good adaptogenic herb. I particularly like astragalus, too. Let's see, lastly (I think) when I make shiitake mushrooms from dried for food, I save the broth they make and drink it. It's a good tonic I guess. It tastes a bit like beef broth, I guess. Shiitakes have extremely high vitamin D in them, so yeah.

Now that I've proved how weird I am, I guess I'll stop.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 12:49 am

Moondust wrote:
neecerie wrote:
It is a constant battle not to buy more until I drink some of the stockpile up. I fail at this often.

Same here! Glad I'm not the only one.

Me too.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2012, 1:33 am

dbltall wrote:
I'm very picky about my tea - I have a ritual about it. I make it in a brown earthenware pot (which is chipped, and I want to find another one exactly like it but haven't been able to so far) then pour it into another teapot when it's done steeping (4 minutes for Lapsang Souchong, 5 for Assam) and the water has to be absolutely boiling, since it's black tea. I agree that green tea should have less than boiling water. For green tea I like Dragonwell or Jasmine Pearl.

Has anyone used an electric kettle for boiling the water? Does it get the water just as boiling as a kettle on the stove?

I use an electric kettle, but I'm also semi-barbaric and use tap-water and don't remove my infuser until the pot is empty. I love STRONG tea and don't mind being untraditional. it also helps that I live in one of the cleanest watersheds in the world. they take my tapwater and put it in Dasani bottles. not sure about minerals but my hydrogeologist friends attest to the quality.

my current favorite is rooibos with peppermint and a small amount of green tea, if it's not too late at night. and kava, but that's in a category by itself haha

Conversion Disorder, General/Social Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2012, 9:02 am

Yep, i drink tea all day long :)

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2012, 5:52 am

i was for awhile.....then moved to beer when i was 21....now....just various things i suppose.....

i cant even drink a damn cup of tea any more without major anxiety...pretty lame...i do miss my tea.

however i can still currently drink kratom tea....which i recomend....though not for its flavor. (bad)