Women wearing yoga pants=female equivalent of men wearing

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

It's also really good for people with body image issues.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

Alycat wrote:
It's also really good for people with body image issues.

What do you mean.

timatron
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

I think it should be mandatory for all sexy women to wear these yoga pants at all times of the day and in all situations

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 6:03 am

timatron wrote:
I think it should be mandatory for all sexy women to wear these yoga pants at all times of the day and in all situations

I'm not here wearing yoga pants to appease you. Sit down. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

virtue_hearts
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Feb 2013, 10:45 am

maybe we just need to start a new trend, guys wearing ballet pants, cause their pretty comfortable... then we'll feel equality :)

edit: btw i see nothing wrong with women wearing them..

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

virtue_hearts wrote:
maybe we just need to start a new trend, guys wearing ballet pants, cause their pretty comfortable... then we'll feel equality :)

I´d agree with you. So if you ever visited ballet, man in tight pants with that kind of ... back...

... can be really rauuuuurrrr.... ^^

Edit: And yes, the guy IS wearing trousers. :)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 7:03 am

timatron wrote:

Yes it should be compulsory for all women to face degradation whenever they leave their house :roll:

As for me I'm not sure what yoga pants are. Like sports track pants that are slim in the hips and butt and baggy down the leg? Leggings/tights? The hippie/Balinese type wide leg pants made from linen/cotton? Or Harem pants?

I only wear leggings at home as PJ pants. I've noticed that most women who wear them, their leggings.....are a little see through :?
I'm a big fan of people not knowing what colour undies I have on so leave the house with leggings on I don't. I've thought leggings (just plain black ones) look ok with a tunic style short dress over the top but those kinda dresses don't look good on me.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 5:12 am

I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone answer this: Yes, they make yoga pants for men. And kids.

I've never worn a pair. I just wear a pair of running shorts whenever I have a yoga stretch session/workout/run/swim etc. I'm not sure if any of the mainstream companies even make them in a long enough inseam for me - I've never bothered to look because I can't justify spending $$$ on a pair of pants when a simple pair of shorts functions perfectly for the exercise. It's all about fashion & somewhat about status w/ the price perception of quality etc - none of which I care about.

Just thought I'd also add that yoga pants have made local man Chip Wilson a Billionaire for what he's done for women's asses everywhere! :lol: Seriously. He's the local founder of Lululemon and now has a net worth of over $1B. Not bad for a guy who sold his last clothing company for enough to pay the debts it owed! (Westbeach)

f9
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2015, 5:33 pm

Just came across this thread and was surprised … no, not by opinions or the OP question itself or anything but … by how many (probably) ladies even in aspie forum seem to actually be OK to wear yoga leggings … and even call them comfortable! (@@)

I'd love to wear fitting clothing but I can't! Too tight!!
The inner sewing line of leggings feels like eating into my skin and the feeling of some stuff around the calves … ahhhh, what a relief to peel them off!! !! Even if I try one size too big - leggings are just unbearable because they hug the legs and doesn't let the legs to breathe!

(PS. I know anatomically speaking legs do not breathe and skin does not breathe, I just call the feeling of no fabric touching 'breathing' because it feels like that)

So are sensory issues with thighs clothing rarer than I thought, I wonder??

I LIVE in PJ type pants when in colder climates.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

I used to wear leggings (I think it's the same thing) at exactly the wrong time for sex. If you have tummy ache they're comfortable.

That's back before I lived in jogging bottoms and mostly wore menswear.

Used to wonder why my boyfriend got aroused when I said 'mostly I just hang about the house in my leggings'.

I think the female equivalent of muscle shirts is hot pants or something. Mind you, I like short shorts on both sexes but that's just me.

(And before anyone quotes me and shows me a picture of an ugly man wearing them... obviously an ugly woman wearing them is also not what I'm on about)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 8:39 pm

yoga pants. no wait, tights or leotard

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 8:41 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
virtue_hearts wrote:

I´d agree with you. So if you ever visited ballet, man in tight pants with that kind of ... back...

... can be really rauuuuurrrr.... ^^

Edit: And yes, the guy IS wearing trousers. :)

I would imagine that they get really smelly, really fast. :wink:

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 3:17 am

f9 wrote:
Just came across this thread and was surprised … no, not by opinions or the OP question itself or anything but … by how many (probably) ladies even in aspie forum seem to actually be OK to wear yoga leggings … and even call them comfortable! (@@)

I'd love to wear fitting clothing but I can't! Too tight!!
The inner sewing line of leggings feels like eating into my skin and the feeling of some stuff around the calves … ahhhh, what a relief to peel them off!! ! ! Even if I try one size too big - leggings are just unbearable because they hug the legs and doesn't let the legs to breathe!

(PS. I know anatomically speaking legs do not breathe and skin does not breathe, I just call the feeling of no fabric touching 'breathing' because it feels like that)

So are sensory issues with thighs clothing rarer than I thought, I wonder??

I LIVE in PJ type pants when in colder climates.

If you wear leggings that actually fit (sometimes a size over what officially fits) they are very comfy.

Not sure if yoga pants are the same thing as leggings or not.

Because they're not tight actually and their waistband is like a PJ waistband and they don't have added details and are made of cotton.

(bit like thin jogging bottoms)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 12:21 am

I was kind of thinking of getting some pants kind of like that, except not the spandex skin tight ones per say. I like the ones that are a little more puffy like they fit nice but they aren't skin tight and they go in a bit more at the ankles(maybe those aren't yoga pants but I have seen them categorized that way at stores) but I think something like that could be super comfortable.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 2:53 am

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
I do get the point the OP made about the Muslim lass though. Round here there is a large Muslim population and it's quite commonplace to see a Muslimah in skinny jeans, high heels, a faceful of dramatic makeup and a hijab headscarf with her hair dangling out of the back of the scarf.

I'm not sure what the point of the hijab is when the rest of the outfit is quite sexy & attention-grabbing, but it's up to her what she wears.

There’s a lot of this sort where I live and yeah it is quite funny.
My theory that these young girls live in conservative families and are expected by their parents to veil themselves and not out of a personal faith.

20-30 years ago I recall only the muslim women aged 50-60+ veil themselves, just after pilgrimage, and gain the title “Hajja”, it was simply a mark of elderly back in this time.
Veiling among some of the younger women is a new phenomena since a decade and so only, at least where i live.