Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 10:15 pm

IS EXISTENCE JUST A FRACTAL, WITH THE SOLAR SYSTEM BEING AN ATOM AND VICE VERSA CONTINUING IN A PATTERN FOREVER? FOR INSTANCE, EVERYTHING MAKES UP SOMETHING AND EVERYTHING IS MADE UP OF SOMETHING. YOU CAN'T JUST BRAKE ANYTHING DOWN TO A BASIC UNIT. WE ARE MADE UP OF CELLS. CELLS ARE MADE UP OF ORGANELLES. ORGANELLES ARE MADE UP OF MOLECULES. MOLECULES ARE MADE UP OF ATOMS. ATOMS ARE MADE UP OF PROTONS, NEUTRONS AND ELECTRONS. PROTONS, NEUTRONS, AND ELECTRONS ARE MADE UP OF QUARKS. AND SO ON AND SO ON AND SO ON. IF WE CAN NEVER BREAK ANYTHING DOWN TO A BASIC UNIT, CAN WE EVER BUILD IT UP TO A GRAND UNIT? WE LIVE ON THE EARTH. THE EARTH IS IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM. THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS IN THE MILKY WAY GALAXY. THE GALAXY IS IN A GALAXY CLUSTER. AND SO ON AND SO ON AND SO ON. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT REALITY IS REALLY AN INFINATE FRACTAL. HEY, THEY CENTER OF AN ATOM IS A "NUCLEUS". AND THE SUN IS "NUCLEAR" ISN'T IT? WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT MY PHILOSOPHY?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Dec 2006, 10:27 pm

We learned in chemistry that the notion an atom could be thought of like planets orbiting the sun is false. The path of an elctron is wave like.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/bohr.html

So in that since you theory breaks down because atoms do not look like mini solar systems.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 11:06 pm

BUT JUST BECAUSE THE ELECTRONS MOVE IN AN ATOM A DIFFERENT WAY THAN PLANETS MOVE AROUND A SOLR SYSTEM DOESN'T MEAN THEY AREN'T "SYMBOLICALLY" THE SAME THING. IS THE NUCLEUS OF AN ATOM A BURNING BALL OF PLASMA? NOT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH AS I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN IDIOT.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Dec 2006, 11:28 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
BUT JUST BECAUSE THE ELECTRONS MOVE IN AN ATOM A DIFFERENT WAY THAN PLANETS MOVE AROUND A SOLR SYSTEM DOESN'T MEAN THEY AREN'T "SYMBOLICALLY" THE SAME THING. IS THE NUCLEUS OF AN ATOM A BURNING BALL OF PLASMA? NOT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH AS I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN IDIOT.

What percent of solar systems have a sun that has current nuclear fusion taking place?
Its not a requirement. Just needs to be large enough for its gravity to hold some planets in orbits around it. You can say any thing you want is symbolic of another. But you quoted alot of science babble so I'm quoting babble back to refute your idea. Is not my symbolic reprentsation of the universe as valid as yours?

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 11:54 am

TheMachine1 wrote:

What percent of solar systems have a sun that has current nuclear fusion taking place?
Its not a requirement. Just needs to be large enough for its gravity to hold some planets in orbits around it. You can say any thing you want is symbolic of another. But you quoted alot of science babble so I'm quoting babble back to refute your idea. Is not my symbolic reprentsation of the universe as valid as yours?

DID I MENTION I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN IDIOT??

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 1:14 pm

...... I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH AS I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN IDIOT.

DID I MENTION I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN IDIOT??

You won't get any disagreement out of me. :roll:

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 2:56 pm

Hey, metaphorically speaking, the entire galaxy could be an atom. Depends on the context, though.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 11:59 pm

history_of_psychiatry, is your Caps lock key broken?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 12:10 am

I think string theory suggests something like this but its a much different scale, more like our universe being a node on a sting grid which if you had an atom and scaled it to the size of our solar system it would probably be about the size of a ping pong ball or even smaller, literally these string nodes are like atoms of atoms.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 12:12 am

Oh, and BTW, this isn't the Army. No need to capitalize every letter because we'll more likely have you doing push-ups or scrubbing the bathroom floor with a toothbrush FOR capitalizing everything.