Page 3 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:05 pm

^^^^^^So are lots of people without Aspergers.Probably more.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:07 pm

this is all B.S.I have heard nothing of aspergers all day

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

classic aspish photo, looks like a bully target

Last edited by Surfman on 14 Dec 2012, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:31 pm

It is SICK that they are already talking AUTISM, but NOT the fact that his parents were DIVORCED. The fact that he didn't kill his FATHER who lived nearby...Nope, just his mother. His mother, who although as some claim the kid is mentally disabled, had 3 guns in the house? Sorry, sounds like another kid of divorce that was pissed off and of course, they will NEVER blame it on a WOMAN, much less a MOM, even less a TEACHER...but instead, on autism.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:56 pm

Dear whatamess, the surviving brother, who was from that town, said he had not had contact in two years, so, yeah, you are right, there was some serious problems in that family.
As a teacher who was supposed to be able to evaluate emotional problems to some degree, her son could not have been an obvious threat, or:
He would have not been living with her
He would have been institutionalized
She would not have had weapons in the home.

Sylkat

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:00 pm

I wonder where his best friend and girlfriend are at, or if both dead too, where are the bodies?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Dec 2012, 9:01 pm

I imagine he was a schizophrenic like many of these shooters and his odd behaviors which may of been diagnosed as AS were early indicators of it. He's dead now so we'll probably never know for sure sadly. The actions of this man are his own tho, you cannot blame AS, gun, schizophrenia for what he did.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

The only thing I heard was that he had a "personality disorder" but that doesn't mean that someone won't try to blame this on Asperger's.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:15 pm

Even if he was schizophrenic, he would have shown worsening symptoms, if he stopped his meds.
Have not heard any therapist claiming to have treated him,or claiming contact from the mother, concerned about his behavior or her own safety.
In addition, no one working any local pharmacy has claimed to have dispensed any psychotropics.
Wonder why there seems to be no history of threatening or violent behavior?

Maybe he was NOT on any spectrum, just angry and hateful and evil and chose to kill people?

Sylkat

Android7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2012, 9:22 pm

Great just what we need; another sociopath with an alleged aspergers diagnosis;Anders Breiviek, Gemma Barker(the girl who 'became' three boys), now this gunman. I becoming really concerned with Aspergers and its representation in the media. People with no actual diagnosis claiming to have it, people who have committed certain misdemeanors; Gary Mckinnon (albeit a 'harmless' offense) coming to the news- bring Aspergers Syndrome into the spot light but yet it never being properly understood with any a**e h**le with an opinion stating what it is.

As if people with ASD aren't misunderstood enough. :evil:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Dec 2012, 9:22 pm

I dont care what he had. Thankfully he had the guts to kill himself to save us alot of money by housing him in prison

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

Don't you just love how the media starts throwing out random names without even having the facts? At first, reported Adam Lanza's 24 y o brother was the killer. His brother is a professional tax guy with a career, very successful, and at work when this happened yet the media goes and blabs and claims he is actually the killer. It's so annoying. Lately media has been in irritation overdrive. Man, if the media reported something like that about me, I would be pissed as hell.

SickInDaHead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2012, 9:30 pm

Well here ya go

El Linko

Again, it's nice when Uncle Sugar gives you a check for having a diagnosis, but when all those scared NTs start clamoring for "something to be done", that diagnosis seals your fate.

Android7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2012, 9:32 pm

Disraeli wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
All it takes is one idiot blogger to post a claim that some major new organization reported something and all of a sudden it's all over the internet.

People, here is the LIVE page from ABC news regarding the shooting. Asperger is mentioned NOWHERE on the page.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... -shooting/

No you are wrong I was watching ABC News and one of the reporters mentioned it.

Maybe so. That doesn't make what I said "wrong." It is not there on ABC's page any longer. I'm sure now that you did hear it, but that still doesn't mean it's accurate.

See my post above with the link from AP (which is where most major networks get their news from in the first place, and you may understand why the other networks are being a little more careful with their terminology.

He had Asperger's. Get over it. Some people on the spectrum are dangerous.

As are some in the 'neurotypical' population.

I heard a fact that people with ASD are more likely to be victims of crime than as the perps.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:36 pm

Except for spree shootings it may appear

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

Why do you think so many killers like this one are described as having Aspie traits? The number of suspected aspies is disproportionately high and it is not usually associated with homocide or even serial killing, but with gunmen.

Being a psychopath seems much more logical, but still they are mostly described as high-functioning autistic types.

Has anyone ever done a study whether Aspies are more prone to this kind of crime than to others?

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're