Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:14 pm

I was eating lunch at a Chinese buffet on Satuday and overheard two women talking about the massacre and one of them said that "people with Asperger's don't have feelings". :roll:

It's going to be like the Virginia Tech shooter all over again.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

There have also been many Neurotypical murderers throughout history. This guy's AS is no reason or excuse for the vile actions he committed.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

Odin wrote:
I was eating lunch at a Chinese buffet on Satuday and overheard two women talking about the massacre and one of them said that "people with Asperger's don't have feelings". :roll:

This stuff kind of makes me want to go on my own terms before they round us up and gas us. (Mind you, I'm not saying I would take anyone with me! Don't use this post against us!)

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 9:49 pm

bLueTaEl0nENiGMA wrote:
isaac newton WROTE the book thomas jefferson could competantly and completely read.
yes... copies in english of the"principia" were sold in the colonies to people who could only
half read them. temple grandin has made a complete and full study of thomas jefferson
and his Leonardo da Vinici like inventiveness, but like albert einstein and daVinci i think that
jefferson was a very social being. the technical paper hans asperger wrote has "fritz" his
patient finding a flaw in isaac newton's work. isaac newton has the mathematical skills at the
expense of his social skills, almost as if the gods hand out and take away at the same time.

I heard that Jefferson was aloof and barely audible when he spoke. A very mysterious figure even to his contemporaries.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 9:52 pm

How many people get killed by firearms in the U.S every year? Even if there was a correlation between autism and violence I'd take a wild guess and say the results are very different from place to place depending on gun culture and access to guns and that autistic people still make up a minority of shooters. As it stands the 'war on terror' is a joke because more Americans die at each other's hands every year with just guns than several 9/11's but nothing will be done about it because there's too many votes to be lost in U.S gun control policy.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Dec 2012, 10:51 pm

MrXxx posted a link to this article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1221554

It is possible that the shooter being diagnosed with Asperger's is one such rumor.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 4:29 am

I read a report this morning that said the shooter was shy and had social difficulties, so he must have had aspergers.

The media are brilliant at cooking up assumptions on subjects they don’t understand. If only the shooter was wearing a black pointy hat with a broom, we would have being able to asses yet another state of mind this obviously sick soul possessed.
(Shyness doesn’t mean you have aspergers, this is absurd).

America has more guns than people, how long will it take to understand this is a recipe for disaster. If people are going around shooting each other, take away the guns, it's as simple as that.

America is no longer run by gun slinging cowboys, is it?

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

Don't blame autism for Newtown
Priscilla Gilman

http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/new ... wn-3789353