Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dktekno
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2006, 6:24 am

How do you stim without other people noticing, when you're at a party?

I use to rock back and forth when I feel stressed or in any other way feel uncomfortable. Like eating dinner with the guests at christmas. Or in the waiting room at the doctors office.

But these places are also places where there are other people present, and they will notice me stimming.

So how do I rock back and forth without people noticing? Its my way of stimming. Or moving/shaking in my legs.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

25 Dec 2006, 6:35 am

If there's music playing, you can disguise it by shaking your legs to the music. Hey, I'm doing it right now as I type this to the music I'm listening too!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Dec 2006, 6:38 am

dktekno wrote:
So how do I rock back and forth without people noticing? Its my way of stimming. Or moving/shaking in my legs.

I'm shaking my leg non-stop as I right this. Something I notice about by leg shaking is it is worst on SSRI's (like the 20 mg prozac I'm on now) but when I was on 10 mg depreny it was less. Which suggest its clearily neurological. I stopped taking deprenyl
a few years ago to save money but I should take it daily. I still have a small stock pile
I will try a 5 mg dose and see if my leg calms down (I will take it sub-lingual to get a fast responce)

Cleaned up abit an did not find any deprenyl to test but I found a million other things
I lost. :D

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 25 Dec 2006, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 6:58 am

The rocking, at least sitting down, can be subtle. The deal with the leg if not done TOO much, is probably considered normal, like pacing.

I guess I never really thought about it. I am staying at my fathers now. He had a spare room, and I came to visit. Recently they had some friends over. You know the stereotypical twiddling of thumbs? I ended up doing it with a twist! My right index finger against my left thumb. I noticed that on at least two different nights and occasions! Anyway, I doubt anyone noticed. That is supposed to be body language for "I'm bored". OK, I WAS bored, but I would have done it even if I was interested!

Steve

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 8:56 am

I don't rock back and forth, but I have a nasty habit of bobbing my right leg. My dad tried to halt the proccess once, but it just worsened it.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 9:56 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't rock back and forth, but I have a nasty habit of bobbing my right leg. My dad tried to halt the proccess once, but it just worsened it.

So you can't control it? ODD, my right leg seems the most involved also. even the kicking, which USED to be both legs, seems to be almost all in the right now.

BTW I HAVE found that all this stuff got more obvious after supplementing various aminos. This supports TheMachine1's conclusions. He reduced the destriction of neurotransmitters, and I basically increased the creation.

Steve