Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

code-e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm

Anyone here have perfect pitch? I have perfect pitch. I am able to tell you any note just by hearing it.

I can also hear colors in music. Each key or note has a different color associated with it. For instance, the note e flat is orange.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

nope. my IQ is just 144. folks with perfect pitch generally have IQ's above 150. congrats.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:17 am

Yep.
And Eb major is dark blue. Eb minor is even darker blue. Orange is completely wrong. :P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

I have somewhat of a perfect pitch, and I usually see them in a rainbow from A to G. I see F more of an orange than any others.

I do have a sense of smell that's ridiculous; I can smell people over the phone sometimes. o.O

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 1:22 am

This is the first time I've ever heard that people with perfect pitch have high IQ's.

Last edited by redrobin62 on 17 Dec 2012, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:19 am

well, i do have perfect itch reproduction; i can sing/play the exact same pitch back to you, and if you tell me a note, i can sing it, but it only goes on way; i cannot tell if the note i'm singing is an A or a B.

as for the coloured sounds; that sounds like synaestesia to me

exiled
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

Perfect pitch is something that I know not only from experience, but the experiences of others to be something that many people would rather live without.. especially when dealing with imperfect instruments like a guitar.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 4:16 pm

I couldn't name them based on the letters but I can pretty much hear something and emulate the melody on keyboard without any sheet music.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:13 am

i believe i learned my "perfect pitch" from playing around with a piano in band class as a child. i learned to associate the keys with the sound of the notes, the tones became discernable in my mind as soon as i learned what note each piano key was supposed to play. this then generalized to every other musical instrument of a given pitch. but in my autumn years, i found to my distress that my sense of pitch has deteriorated/shifted upwards by 3 semitones. i have to calculate downwards now in order to tune an instrument properly, and my sense of pitch stability is now a bit shaky. :oops:

i believe the poster several entries above was being facetious when she said that high IQ was required for perfect pitch to manifest, for i can assure you i have no gifted IQ as high as was mentioned [150].