Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 2:17 am

ShamelessGit wrote:
Janissy wrote:
ShamelessGit wrote:
About the emotional maturity requirement: Emotional maturity for me means that you recognize that your emotions are arbitrary and have no inherent value. This is a fact and I'm not interested in arguing about it. If you understand this, then you will not expect people to know what you are feeling without being told, and you will respect other people's feelings even when they differ from your own. It also means that you will not act on your emotions without thinking like a dumb animal. Emotions are often self-contradictory and drive you towards your goals without any awareness of purpose, so taking them at face value always leads to a mess.

This will be the dealbreaker for probably every woman who reads the ad.

Quote:
However, this does not mean that it's bad to have emotions, or even to be overwhelmed by them sometimes. It is only bad when you have no awareness of them.

This disclaimer will not mitigate that.

What it comes across as is "don't expect me to care about your feelings". Caring about the other person's feelings is major part of any healthy relationship.
That's a thing that really frustrates me about women. I've accepted that my feelings don't mean anything since I was a child, and I have to think like this every time I interact with any person. I guess women are just so used to everybody going out of their way to accommodate them, so they never have to figure this stuff out? I really feel like I'm dealing with a child whenever I have to interact with somebody who assumes that their emotions mean something to anybody but themselves.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I