some aspie women get dates,other aspie women can't

Page 7 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 5:09 pm

billiscool wrote:
I wonder about this today. Why is that some aspie women can get a boyfriend with no problem.
Have guys approach them. Get ask out.
but other aspie women can't get a boyfriend. Never get guys to approach them or ask them out.
is looks the issues. I don't like saying this but are the aspie women who can get boyfriends are they just
better looking than the one's who can't
or are they just nicer? and the aspie women who can't get boyfriend, just rude.
or mistaken as rude.

be glad you don't have to approach or initiate

The Abdominal Snowman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2017, 4:18 am

Quote:
I don't mind shy/quiet girls but if they remain that around someone they trust (even if other people say that they seem more open towards you), I lose interest as that will be their maximum limit of letting someone in...and I couldn't live with zero excitement

You mean you lose interest if it becomes clear to you they'll never put out.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2017, 4:39 am

From what I've witnessed of aspie women that are single, its down to weight. Aspie women that are obese and expect a normal or fit guy = struggle.

Many Aspie women (and men) are shut-ins that love computers. This is a disaster lifestyle for weight gain.

I remember watching a youtube once of an aspie woman that was 26yo, 210lbs, jobless, dateless, lived with her mom. A shut-in / recluse. When she got down to 125lbs in 16 months through gym there was a stream of men knocking on her door, even though her economic status remained the same (jobless, lived at home).

It's no different from NT folk.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

Honestly, those who can't are more rare than pandas.

Finger-counting is enough to count them here.

The Abdominal Snowman

25 Oct 2017, 5:41 pm

Quote:
I remember watching a youtube once of an aspie woman that was 26yo, 210lbs, jobless, dateless, lived with her mom. A shut-in / recluse. When she got down to 125lbs in 16 months through gym there was a stream of men knocking on her door, even though her economic status remained the same (jobless, lived at home).

A really good video would be one where they compare her to an aspie guy in similar situation that loses weight.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2017, 4:47 am

The Abdominal Snowman wrote:
Quote:

A really good video would be one where they compare her to an aspie guy in similar situation that loses weight.

I'm a good candidate! I have gone down from a rotund 189lbs / 26% to a rather lean (for my age) 171lbs 17%. Yet still can't get a date and am the invisible man.

Even when I was super lean in my early-mid 20's none was interested. When a woman go's from fat to lean (or just average) the whole town celebrates, men begin queuing up and she now becomes quite egotistical & selective.

Male disposability, eh. :( But I must pretend its all in my head and I'm ill and need help.

Better keep the k̶n̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ loonies off the forum.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:52 am

Sometime World wrote:
Quote:

I'm a good candidate! I have gone down from a rotund 189lbs / 26% to a rather lean (for my age) 171lbs 17%. Yet still can't get a date and am the invisible man.

Even when I was super lean in my early-mid 20's none was interested. When a woman go's from fat to lean (or just average) the whole town celebrates, men begin queuing up and she now becomes quite egotistical & selective.

Male disposability, eh. :( But I must pretend its all in my head and I'm ill and need help.

It’s unlikely your looks. No one was probably interested because of your aspergers traits.

It’s the same with me. I’m overlooked, ignored and not remembered. I’m guessing it’s a certain type of social signal I don’t know how to put out.

You’re so hung up on looks. It won’t be that at all.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:57 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
Quote:

It’s unlikely your looks. No one was probably interested because of your aspergers traits.

It’s the same with me. I’m overlooked, ignored and not remembered. I’m guessing it’s a certain type of social signal I don’t know how to put out.

*counting on fingers*

H.... One

C.....Two

S....Thre- ... ah no, this one got a bf recently.

HP....Three!

I still have one and half hand free for counting.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2017, 5:45 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
Quote:

Stop clinging to straws. My aspergers isn't apparent. I approach girls, I speak well, I maintain eye contact. I don't have ticks or jolt my head around making sheep sounds. I'm not the classical Rain Man autist you think we all are as portrayed by Dustin Hoffman.

Did I make you feel guilty about all those men you disliked, rejected or didn't want to get to know cuz of their looks?

Where are they now? Are they still single?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
Quote:

That is utterly ridiculous. Looks matter, an ugly man or ugly woman won’t get relationships period.
Also you’ve had relationships and sex, hardly comparable to men who haven’t had either.
You don’t know what it’s truely like to be overlooked and irgnored. Aren’t you choosing to be single cause your prefer it?
Even hurtloam has guys interested but she doesn’t like them back.
I’ve never had s relationship. Only had sex once and it was awful, certain haven had it bunch of times with different people. I can’t get s dst and women never show interest or flirt with me. Most I get is angry glares or women in relationships who’ll say high to me.

Not saying you don’t have it tough, but hardly comparable to aspie men who’ve never had female so much look their way.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 2:19 pm

Hale_bop c'mon. Looks play a part in attraction for both genders.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

That's why I always told you sly to lose weight and to hit the gym.

You are overweight, and yes the fatness makes you ugly.

Yes looks matter a lot for women, don't believe hale bopp.

Sorry hale bopp, but I don't believe what you preach.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:16 pm

I doubt that you have seen how much of a ladies men some of these bikers are and some of them are overweight. That may not be the best example, but there are also some rednecks that are overweight, and some bros that are overweight. Some of them carry around this big beard, and they've managed to get a girlfriend. My father is a little overweight. It has been said that if you are skinny you look girly.

Same for women, I've noticed plenty of girls being able to hook up with some guys and they were overweight. One girl I knew was little bit overweight and she looked very attractive. I look around my area and I see some women who are a little overweight dating some strong looking men.

So... Weight I doubt is the biggest factor.

However, if you care about your health then you should try to lose it. Sly, I would lose weight for health reasons and not girlfriend reasons.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:39 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
I doubt that you have seen how much of a ladies men some of these bikers are and some of them are overweight. That may not be the best example, but there are also some rednecks that are overweight, and some bros that are overweight. Some of them carry around this big beard, and they've managed to get a girlfriend. My father is a little overweight. It has been said that if you are skinny you look girly.

Same for women, I've noticed plenty of girls being able to hook up with some guys and they were overweight. One girl I knew was little bit overweight and she looked very attractive. I look around my area and I see some women who are a little overweight dating some strong looking men.

However, if you care about your health then you should try to lose it. Sly, I would lose weight for health reasons and not girlfriend reasons.

I see fat obese women with thin athletic guys all the time at work. I dont know if they got fat after marriage though. But hardly ever see thin athletic women with fat men. Thin athletic women say they need a athletic guy but athletic guys don’t seem to care nearly as much if their gf is athletic. Most guys go and do that stuff with other guys. Why can’t women go be athletic with other women, why do they need their bf to do that stuff with them, similarly lot of guys here hunt, fish, hike etc while their gf/wife hates all that stuff, but they love her anyways. Men do just don’t seem to demand women be their equal as much as women demand men be their equal. It’s quite common the woman will spend her time shopping, knitting making art etc, while they guy hunts, fishes, hikes, etc. why are those people able to do that but I can’t find a woman who’s fine that I don’t like doing athletic stuff. I think it’s cause a non athletic guy isn’t considered a man, since being athletic and outdoorsy are considered manly. I am a city indoor boy(why are city men called boys?) I prefer to be indoors mostly. I don’t kill unless for defense(so hinting and fishing is out), I’m bit germphobic, I’m physically weak. I don’t fight. See I’m not what most women would consider manly.

I’m not in bad health though. I hardly ever go to the doctor. Only issue I have is the burping which hasn’t gone away that was caused by me drinking energy drinks every day for 2 years. I’ve cut out most carbarated drinks and shall try another 2 weeks of the medicine to see if that clears it completely.

I am going to the gym to lose wieght so hopefully women will be more interested. I’ve spent over $200 so far and that’s not likely to be the end of the expenses. On top of that it’s $10 a month and $40 fee every year. The wieght loss also means non of my clothes will fit anymore in a month or two. So I’ll have to buy $200+ in clothes I’ll need 3 pants for work alone that’s $90.
Anyways I was going every day but I started to chaft so I skipped today to let it recover and am researching powders. I hate the gym. It’s so boring and I feel anxious and nervous that others are judging me there. Least my gym bag came so I’m no longer hauling my stuff in a Walmart sack. Also gives me headaches but I have headaches a lot now it seems. 4-6 pain pills a day hopefully keepntoday to 2.
Oh and I hardly have any time to do anything else anymore. Due to skipping today I got to play hour of video games :)

Also boo I’m not talking to you anymore after you accused me of being a pedo

Last edited by sly279 on 26 Oct 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
ZachGoodwin wrote:

I see fat obese women with thin athletic guys all the time at work. I dont know if they got fat after marriage though. But hardly ever see thin athletic women with fat men. Thin athletic women say they need a athletic guy but athletic guys don’t seem to care nearly as much if their gf is athletic. Most guys go and do that stuff with other guys. Why can’t women go be athletic with other women, why do they need their bf to do that stuff with them, similarly lot of guys here hunt, fish, hike etc while their gf/wife hates all that stuff, but they love her anyways. Men do just don’t seem to demand women be their equal as much as women demand men be their equal. It’s quite common the woman will spend her time shopping, knitting making art etc, while they guy hunts, fishes, hikes, etc. why are those people able to do that but I can’t find a woman who’s fine that I don’t like doing athletic stuff. I think it’s cause a non athletic guy isn’t considered a man, since being athletic

Have to finish on phone

You can be fat and athletic. That's why football needs big guys.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 5:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
Quote:

*counting on fingers*

H.... One

C.....Two

S....Thre- ... ah no, this one got a bf recently.

HP....Three!

I still have one and half hand free for counting.

I can easily get a boyfriend. I just don’t want one.