1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
nostromo wrote:
NorthPark wrote:
I think banning assault rifles would barely reduce gun violence. To begin with, ARs aren't used in crime as much as much smaller firearms. It may have to do with bring unable to hide them in your person. They are used in at it or less than 10% of all homicides.

That may be true overall but in the crazy-man mass murders they seem to be a weapon of choice.

The chances of dying in a school shooting type of attack in America are literally one in a million.

You have triple the chance of dying in a traffic accident as being murdered in USA.
4.2 per 100K 12,996 total murders in USA.

Traffic fatalities in USA:
12.3 per 100K 33,808 total traffic deaths in USA

Shhhhh......
They don't want to hear that. It robs them of their case and more importantly their agenda.

To be fair, the type of emotional logic being displayed now is how encroachment of our civil liberties, killing hundreds of thousands of people in other countries, and being at war over a decade was thought out.

JUST SAYING.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:48 pm

I have two words to say about Newtown: False. Flag.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:

I doubt it.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:

Proof?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:50 pm

Quote:
It started with a gun turn in

What did?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:51 pm

Surely, the fact that there have been four terrible shootings by "psychos" this year isn't reason enough to believe that we have a Manchurian Candidate situation on our hands. Ever hear of MKULTRA?

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:57 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
It started with a gun turn in

What did?

The UK, Dunblane school massacre of 1996 and the subsequent Firearms Act of 1997.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Well, last time there was a civil war in the US, it was also because of racists pricks.

The last time there was a civil war in the U.S., racist pricks made up almost everyone on both sides - at least by today's standards. Yeah, one side tended to be less racist than the other, but.... While most in the south favored keeping slaves, most everyone in the north would be horrified at the thought of allowing blacks to marry whites, to vote, or to be the social equal of the white man in nearly any way. Even Lincoln for a time advocated returning black people to Africa.

In any case, the better point is, if you think there won't be a civil war today simply because there's a shortage of racist pricks, think again, we've got plenty of them, and there's still a higher concentration of racists and the level of their racism in certain parts of the country as compared to others.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
Surely, the fact that there have been four terrible shootings by "psychos" this year isn't reason enough to believe that we have a Manchurian Candidate situation on our hands. Ever hear of MKULTRA?

Grow up.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

Quote:
The UK, Dunblane school massacre of 1996 and the subsequent Firearms Act of 1997.

The massacre was the result of a gun turn-in? :?

adb
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

I answered Very Likely because (as per the question) I do think that gun confiscation would lead to a civil war. There are states in the union that would not put up with it, including mine.

However, I don't think we're going to see gun confiscation anytime soon. All this talk is mostly fear mongering. They may ban new production of certain weapons and accessories, but confiscation won't happen until after that followed by voluntary disarmament programs.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
I'd take civil war even knowing that I'd likely die in it.
How's that saying go; "from my cold dead hands"?
:x

I'd move. f**k it. In Japan I'd probably be able to own a 12 gauge shotgun if I lived there long enough anyway. And I'd not have to worry about, you know, a war? Even now you know there's a lot of civil strife in the air when cops walk around in body armor and with M16s and have APCs. And we have Soviet gulag level incarceration rates. In that perspective, a civil war wouldn't be a massive change of pace in good ol' Insane Asylum America. Just part of the master plan to have some more "terror" attacks from a different enemy, and further erode the rights of the American people so they're dependent upon their government for everything.

The only reason the American Revolution was won was because the Founding Fathers had enough self interest and basically thought it'd be cool to lead a country. The founders were only interested in their own power, not justice. Ethan Allen, for example, was in negotiations to give Vermont back to Britain, with him being the governor. And then with the Whiskey Rebellion, we ended up with higher taxes than Britain imposed anyway. I doubt anything good would come out of a Third American Civil War if one happened.

You also put too much faith in the American people. They do not care about the future at all. How many Americans would find a cool libertarian land a place they wanna live? Probably less than 5% of the population. Most of the population, if not working, want Obamaphones and food stamps, and if working, want to buy new cars and flatscreen TVs and go to the mall, and don't care about anything else as long as they can have those things.

Lastly, arms does not guarantee successful revolution. Not in the slightest. The only thing that guarantees that is collective will of the people, which as I said, we don't have. In prisons in South America, prisoners have guns and explosives. But they're still in jail. Why? Because they're too busy fighting amongst themselves to fight against their captors. They concern themselves with the day to day prison politics and do not see the big picture. Things are designed this way. Nazi Germany worked that way, people were rounded up and put in prison, and people just went "well, not my problem, they probably did something bad anyway" and hey, Hitler made the trains run on time and made Germany rich and powerful, why not like that?

http://www.economist.com/node/21563288

Quote:
A fire begun during a fight between inmates at San Miguel prison in Santiago, Chile’s capital, in December 2010 killed 81 prisoners and injured 15. Survivors said a group of inmates used a homemade flame-thrower, fashioned from a hosepipe and a gas canister, to set fire to a mattress barricade erected by a rival group in their barred cell. San Miguel was not a high-security jail, and the victims of the worst prison fire in Chile’s history were all serving sentences of five years or less, for crimes such as pirating DVDs and burglary.

That is human nature.

I cannot imagine anything good coming from this Civil War scenario presented here, nothing at all but pain and misery.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:26 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

The massacre was the result of a gun turn-in? :?

Other way around.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:47 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:

Grow up.

MKULTRA was a failed attempt by the CIA to create unconscious assassins for "wet work" during intelligence operations - not to shoot up schools, malls, or movie theaters.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

PM wrote:
now you have Closed Circuit cameras on every street corner.

No we don't. Have you ever been here?

The majority of CCTV cameras are in businesses, like shops, petrol stations and banks, or on school premises. There aren't very many on the streets.

There are an estimated 1.7 million cameras in private property and an estimated 115,000 on public transport. This compares to an estimated 33,433 ran by the government.

There are around 250,000 street corners in Britain.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:

Grow up.

MKULTRA was a failed attempt by the CIA to create unconscious assassins for "wet work" during intelligence operations - not to shoot up schools, malls, or movie theaters.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I have no reason to believe these killings have anything to do with MKULTRA

but lets not act like our government is above doing such things. Do not underestimate the evilness of the suits that roam the halls of Washington.