Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Minionkitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2014, 4:48 pm

nick007 wrote:
Luvox(Fluvoxamine) is an SSRI that's mainly used for OCD but it's also sometimes for depression & other anxiety stuff. Some think it's most specif med for OCD beisdeds the gold-standard Anafranil(Clomipramine) which is a tricyclic antidepressant that's only approved for OCD here in the US but has different off-label uses here & is approved for some of em in other countries. I tried it & it made me shaky & feel out of it mentally but those effects disappeared after being off it for a couple days & my OCD was gone for rest of the week.

I've never heard of Anafranil. I hope you find, or have found, something that works for your OCD :)

ASD/Asperger's Syndrome traits; diagnosed August 2014
IQ 120
(Diagnosed using the DSM-IV, not DSM-5)

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

I tried Ritalin (officially prescribed). buth that made me very unstable.

I tried dextroamphetamine (officially prescribed), but that may me rather numb.

I tried various illegal substances including LSD, MDMA, levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA (self-medicated). Those did benefit me a lot, but the stimulants to tend to be addictive and result in dependence.

Currently, I try to stay free from any medication most of the time, although I do self-medicate occasionally.

My prefered combo for alleviating the more negative Autism symtoms is a mixture of levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA.