Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

I have a lot of friends but most of them have more problems than me and seem to bring me into their problems. Lots of them are addicted to hard drugs like meth and lots of them have other problems like stealing problems. People ask me why do I hang out with people like this. I guess its because I get bored so I find myself hanging out with just about anyone. I often will have a bad time though when I go hang out with some friends and they will ruin my night over and over but I get bored again and hang out with them again. I think since I didnt have lots of friends as a kid I have ended up having friends who a lot I cant trust. Just last night I went to the bar where there are 2 girls I have been liking at the bar i hang out with there and I brought my friend whos addicted to drugs. We hung out with the girls and things were going good until he offered them to go to his drug dealers house and do meth which ruined my chances with them because then one of them was a recovered drug addict and the other girl was angry he offered the girl drugs and she left and the other girl left with the friend who is on drugs. I almost got in a fight with him outside the bar last night too. I find myself continuing to get in these situations out of bordom and it seems like everytime i meet someone new for a friend its just the same old problems again.

Does anyone else seem to get drawn into situations with friends who cause you problems?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Dec 2012, 1:22 pm

Don't get mixed up with these type of people just for the sake of having friends! Rather find friends that share your own special interests / hobbies and consider joining a sports or social club where you can meet people that can build you up rather than break you down. Keeping company with druggies and the like could lead you into trouble with the law, and you could be innocently blamed for things e g minor crimes that might happen - and you are not equipped to deal with that kind of stress.

I've been through many different experiences - got the T--shirt and seen so much that I honestly wouldn't recommend mixing with these people that are not on an intellectual par with you and you can't benefit each other or learn from each other!

Please leave this situation before you land up with a criminal record and take the rap for others! We Aspies tend to be naive and can't always foresee such complications...

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

I second what envirozentinel wrote.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Don't get mixed up with these type of people just for the sake of having friends! Rather find friends that share your own special interests / hobbies and consider joining a sports or social club where you can meet people that can build you up rather than break you down.

I agree. You need to get yourself a hobby or a special interest.

Fawlty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

Drop these friends as they will bring you in troubles!

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

You need new friends. People addicted to meth only care about meth, not about you. You would be better off with no friends than friends like these. Being friends with these people will also put other, nicer folk off being your friend. They will look at you and presume you are just like your friends. Also, people who are addicted to drugs often get themselves into dangerous situations - you could easily find yourself in a frightening or life threatening situation due to the actions of these people.

So, get new friends. Or a pet. You can do better than these people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 3:12 pm

You deserve better friends.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

thanks for the replys. Its true that these friends drive away other people like in the event last night i wrote about. I guess i accepted them for their problems because they accepted me and i always thought it would be hypocritical to not accept others for their problems. However im starting to realize i have even more fun by myself than i do hanging out with someone tweaked out on meth.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

People that cause you problems or compel you to do things that you don't feel comfortable doing ARE NOT your friends. Friends are supposed to support one another and respect their likes and dislikes.

Since you're against doing drugs and stealing things, you should stay away from people that do such unacceptable things. Follow the advice of the other posters on this thread.

Paretozen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

Schizpergers wrote:
Does anyone else seem to get drawn into situations with friends who cause you problems?

Yes, it usually happens when friends get too close and start calling me, or asking me to meet.. unanounced. Those are situations in which I get problems. So thats basically with anybody :S

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:19 am

I've metaphorically rubbed elbows with that type of crowd and lived to tell about it only by the typical pattern of ultimate rejection after they grew out of their honeymoon period and I had nothing further to offer them. Anyway the bars are probably the last place you want to be when bored