Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
thats exactly what my previous post just explained.a sovereign citizen is anyone invisible to the goverment but is not a legal term

But there is no one invisible to government.

There are people who seek to evade the government, but they are not immune from it. They may seek to exist under the radar, but the government is still perfectly competent to exercise jurisdiction over them.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 4:45 pm

i was simply explaining what i had read about the sovereign citizen movement.i am not saying one could sucessfully live that way for a prolonged period of time.i had never heard that until this posts,so i just explained my research.i am not promoting that life style

Godless_lawyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
i was simply explaining what i had read about the sovereign citizen movement.i am not saying one could sucessfully live that way for a prolonged period of time.i had never heard that until this posts,so i just explained my research.i am not promoting that life style

I was responding to the initial post - but I would point out that the 'Sovereign Citizen Movement' is something entirely different than what you're describing.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Citizen_Movement

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

vermontsavant wrote:

There is no such thing as a -sovereign- citizen. A citizen is subject to the laws of the common wealth of which he is a citizen. If he rejects those law he either has to leave or be regarded as an outlaw and treated accordingly.

Such sovereignty has NO STANDING in the United States or any of its territories.

ruveyn

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

ruveyn wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

There is no such thing as a -sovereign- citizen. A citizen is subject to the laws of the common wealth of which he is a citizen. If he rejects those law he either has to leave or be regarded as an outlaw and treated accordingly.

Such sovereignty has NO STANDING in the United States or any of its territories.

ruveyn
that what i always thought,so why does everyone on this thread talk about sovereign citizen then

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

Your crazy psudo-legal bull would be far more amusing if there weren't so many people who spouted the same claptrap and then gone cop-killing (and it usually is cop-killing, since it's they who are forced to explain that we live in a shared reality where technicalities of the law that exist only in your mind don't apply to real life.)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

you know what i dont get about wrong planet.you make a simple question or conversation and people always find a way to be rude.the guy that posted before you said the same thing as you but when you say it someone is rude or they take everything you say out of context.
and use that as an excuse to be snarky,condecending or whatever.

then the irony is that they call autism speaks a hate site but who is really the hate site.