Page 5 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Stalk wrote:
There I fixed it for you, because you keep turning it into a race/ethnic problem, when it should just be a feature or set of features of a particular person.

But that´s exactly the problem, it´s not just about a feature or a set of features.

uhm so according to you, you would only date a guy that is bisexual, or lets make it even more ridiculous, include bestiality, or a rock, because he should have tried everything before he should connect with the entity, that is you? You want to date a guy, you have a preference. He has a preference.

I give up trying to understand your point of view :shrug:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:21 am

Stalk wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Stalk wrote:
There I fixed it for you, because you keep turning it into a race/ethnic problem, when it should just be a feature or set of features of a particular person.

But that´s exactly the problem, it´s not just about a feature or a set of features.

uhm so according to you, you would only date a guy that is bisexual, or lets make it even more ridiculous, include bestiality, or a rock, because he should have tried everything before he should connect with the entity, that is you? You want to date a guy, you have a preference. He has a preference.

I give up trying to understand your point of view :shrug:

Nope, those things are different. We are talking about race here and not other things.
I would avoid dating a guy that has an exclusive preference for mixed race women with green eyes because usually these people have preconcieved notions and/or a weird fixation.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 12:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Why don't you date girls then?

I do. I never claimed to be straight.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 1:31 am

Everyone has preferences, and that's fine. What doesn't make sense is denying attraction (based on looks or personality) to someone because they don't fit their narrow standards (like say, person A falls for person B, but rejects them anyway because they aren't the right race/gender/height/etc.). In the end, people will love who they will love, regardless of whether or not they want to.

Tequila wrote:
That might carry more weight if it was a woman saying that, rather than you as a bloke.

I agree with him, and I'm bi-gendered. Do I count?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:45 am

To return to the original subject: there are a lot more black male-white female couples than the other way, plus the huge number of black males in prison has left a lot of lonely black women. So, you have a pretty big pool of potential dating candidates. Let us know how it goes. The Lovings went before you, so you won't have nearly as much trouble as they did.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

but they seem so picky, anybody here saw the movie: Something New (2006)? Same stupid stereotypical questions asked from both sides.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 9:55 am

Hell, it's funny because I'm a black male but can never find a black girl to date. The ones around here are too concerned with getting free money and getting knocked up by future prison inmates. Most of them laugh at the fact that I don't supposedly "look like" a black person is supposed to (I am a black dude with predominantly Asian and white features, apparently), so I get a lot of flak for that.

On top of that, I'm trying to make something of myself, which also gets me grief from other blacks.

Not that whites or Latinas or Indians are attracted to me either, but they treat me just a bit better than my own kind does. :?

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

[quote="MacDragard"]I'm personally not attracted to black women, but they can certainly dance better than white women.

Errrrr, I am white, latin, and I dance very well, thank you very much.

Generalisations are *so* unfair!

:roll:

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Hell, it's funny because I'm a black male but can never find a black girl to date. The ones around here are too concerned with getting free money and getting knocked up by future prison inmates. Most of them laugh at the fact that I don't supposedly "look like" a black person is supposed to (I am a black dude with predominantly Asian and white features, apparently), so I get a lot of flak for that.

On top of that, I'm trying to make something of myself, which also gets me grief from other blacks.

Not that whites or Latinas or Indians are attracted to me either, but they treat me just a bit better than my own kind does. :?

I don't think you're looking in the right places. I think that the getting "free money" and "getting knocked up" comment can apply to any woman regardless of race. I have many black friends that are women none of whom would fall into this category.

I'm also baffled by your statement "I'm trying to make something of myself, which also gets me grief from other blacks".

You're hanging around the wrong people, the wrong black people-if you will.

Are you all black? I ask because I wonder how you can have the features you mentioned.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 10:05 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

I don't think you're looking in the right places. I think that the getting "free money" and "getting knocked up" comment can apply to any woman regardless of race. I have many black friends that are women none of whom would fall into this category.

I'm also baffled by your statement "I'm trying to make something of myself, which also gets me grief from other blacks".

Are you all black? I ask because I wonder how you can have the features you mentioned.

I am mostly black, but I am Native American as well.

Yes, the free money comment and the knocked up comments apply to all races, but where I live, it seems to be mostly blacks that fall under that category (which is strange since it's NOT a black thing).

A lot of the ones around here just act like the stereotypes, so because of that, guys like me who abhor the stereotypes get looked down upon. Even white/Latino/Asian people who act out the "black" stereotypes look down on black people who don't follow them, and I don't understand why.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 5:10 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

Odds are he's playing up his black heritage (if it's genuine) in order to give his Afrophobic trolling a veneer of credibility, all while reaping in the privileges that comes with lighter skin.

Honestly, these kinds of Neanderthals make every WP thread about African people a burden to read. They make me sick!

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

Odds are he's playing up his black heritage (if it's genuine) in order to give his Afrophobic trolling a veneer of credibility, all while reaping in the privileges that comes with lighter skin.

Honestly, these kinds of Neanderthals make every WP thread about African people a burden to read. They make me sick!

It bothered me because there are people who believe all black people are like that and that of course is not true. But when you hear it coming from a black person people might start to think if they're saying it about their own kind it must be true.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 5:34 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
It bothered me because there are people who believe all black people are like that and that of course is not true. But when you hear it coming from a black person people might start to think if they're saying it about their own kind it must be true.

That's exactly how I feel about these kinds of trolls. He ought to be grateful he has enough Internet anonymity to prevent us from verifying his heritage.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 12:54 am

Every culture has their uncle Tom as well there are even whites who hate being white and favor other races then their own.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Every culture has their uncle Tom as well there are even whites who hate being white and favor other races then their own.

Please clarify yourself. Do you mean TS hates being white because he physically prefers browner skin, darker eyes, fuller lips and curlier hair, as opposed to the physical traits he posesses?

Accoarding to that theory I would hate being female because I am attracted to males.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 12:57 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Please clarify yourself. Do you mean TS hates being white because he physically prefers browner skin, darker eyes, fuller lips and curlier hair, as opposed to the physical traits he posesses?

According to that theory I would hate being female because I am attracted to males.

I could be completely wrong but I think he meant that there are some people that just don't like themselves in general. Those people talk against their own race in an attempt to "fit in". I would never speak against my race in a public setting. Even if I agreed with some of the stereotypes. But you have some that will.
That's my take on his comment.