Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2012, 7:12 pm

When I was in VA/US Government class, we learned about court cases that went before the U.S. Supreme court, and as I was learning about the Loving v Virginia case, I got curious and was thinking what would dating a black woman with me as a white man be like. So, after I graduated High School, I tried online interracial dating websites such as InterracialDatingCentral.com, InterracialOasis.com, and InterracialPassions.com, but it didn't turn out as good as I thought it would. So then I turned to sites such as EHarmony.com, ChristianDatingForFree.com, and ChristianMingle.com, and it was worse.
Another issue with my attraction to Black women is that I'm interested in the American Civil War. My ma and pa have concerns about me being with a black woman and being interested in the Civil War, at the same time, since the war was over the issue of Slavery and States Rights. I'm always saluting my parents like I'm a soldier reporting for roll call, pretending I'm firing a C.S. Richmond Rifle with a fixed bayonet on it, pretending I'm carrying the Confederate flag, or pretending I'm a Confederate officer leading troops into battle on foot. To be honest, I'm from Virginia, but I oppose slavery, and my favorite Confederate General will always be Robert E. Lee.
I'm interested in Black TV Shows such as Steve Harvey, Girlfriends, and The Cosby Show. I'm fixing to buy my first issues of Ebony and Jet Magazines, as well as Vibe Magazine. I like black singers such as Missy Elliott, Ludacris, Jadakiss, T-Pain, T.I., Snoop Dogg, Ashanti, and other black musicians, plus I idol Michelle Obama, since she is and has been helpful with overseeing the future of the U.S.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 7:16 pm

Hey, if you're attracted to black women, that's fine. Not all confederate soldiers were racist. But definitely hold that flag until you are steady.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 10:22 pm

If you want to date a black woman (or any woman), I would not tell her anything you just told us.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

I'm personally not attracted to black women, but they can certainly dance better than white women.

I wouldn't trust Michelle Obama to oversee the future of the US since she doesn't even like America how it was founded.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

I don't find black women attractive.

As a confederate re-enactor, I think that you won't win a lot of points.

That said, you might be able to pick up a more southern girl. The Civil War was about more than slavery.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

Also, quit assuming that confederate = racist. There were just as many if not more racist yankees during the civil war, especially up in Illinois.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2012, 12:14 am

I took a black chick out on a date once. But she mostly looked at her phone and ate quietly even as I had the ball rolling.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:57 am

Black women fall on either one or two extremes: They are either pushover nice or extremely bitchy; there's never an in between. I find the best type are from Caribbean islands like Jamaica.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:00 am

Dude, black women's personalities vary as much as anyone else's personality.

To the OP: are you friends with any black people or is your experience limited to music, magazines and TV?

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:12 am

When it comes to dating, people want to be wanted for who they are as a person.

They do not want to be wanted for their class, ethnicity, or the color of their hair.

Attitudes like yours, often repel the women that you are trying to attract.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

Kjas wrote:
When it comes to dating, people want to be wanted for who they are as a person.

They do not want to be wanted for their class, ethnicity, or the color of their hair.

Attitudes like yours, often repel the women that you are trying to attract.

This is exactly right.

Another thing I was going to say is that the confederate flag, whether anyone likes it or not, is associated with racism today in America. It's not EXACTLY a true analogy but outside of actual war reenactments, if you have confederate flags on anything, you pretty much will be perceived as racist by a lot of people. While I know you want your point of view to be understood, you might want to explore this and try to understand other's perspectives on this without the intent of seeing how they are wrong.

Another thing, if you're attracted to dark skin, that's totally fine. However, you need to be looking beyond any woman's skin color because it is no indication of who she is as a person. My girlfriend is black, I'm white, and honestly if either of us had approached the other with "I want to date a black/white girl." our relationship never would've happened.

One really important thing you do need tto understand as a white person pursuing a relationship with a black person in America is that the two of you have likely had completely different experiences with racism and discrimination. You might want to look into that and learn how to recognize racism that is happening all around you(and it 100% for sure is happening around you) even though it's not happening directly to you and it's frequently very subtle. This does not define people, but it does shape people's experiences.

Finally, if your entire experience with black people involves no close or personal relationships, but rather relies on what you see in media, you have a pretty much completely false idea of who any black person is. None of us are who/what the media portrays, what magazines and music and television and movies portray, that's all carefully crafted and doesn't represent anyone accurately. People are people are people and their ethnicity may mean that they have some different experiences with society on the whole, but it doesn't mean you know anything about a person without getting to know them.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 5:26 pm

I'm not going by the things I see in the media. You're not understanding the concepts on my attraction:
1. The one thing that triggered the attraction to black women was my studies on the Loving v Virginia U.S. Supreme Court Case in VA/US Government class. Loving v Virginia - Wikipedia
2. I will try my best to explain to my gf about my interest in the Civil War and let her know that she will have nothing to fear, even if I were to own an authentic Civil War rifle or a authentic Confederate uniform.
3. I plan to go to Virginia State University, in which is a Historically Black College and University, to study History, and get my Bachelor's, then go to grad school to get my Master's and become a Historian at the Cold Harbor unit of Richmond National Battlefield Park in Richmond, VA.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 6:47 pm

If you make no effort to understand what it means to people to grow up and live as a POC in America, you might find it difficult to forge a relationship with a POC.

That's my main point.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 1:34 am

I find black women with a British accent hot. Same goes for Jamaican omg. I wouldnt mind getting with a black woman love is love after all oohh a blasian even better or a black Otaku would be fine with me hehe.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHwBulMy7k[/youtube] :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:00 am

I have an intense physical attraction to African and Afro-Diaspora women myself, especially the darker-skinned ones. I think it's an "opposites attract" thing, seeing that I'm a white male who could pass for Hitler's "Aryan" ideal (blond hair and blue eyes). That said, somehow I don't get the impression that the OP really has any genuine feelings for black women. I mean, I sympathize with people of color and hate racism too, but that's probably a consequence rather than a cause of my pre-existing physical attraction.

fluffypinkyellow
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2013, 5:32 am

There are all sorts of black women-they are not some homogenous monolith. And shockingly enough, their entire identities don't revolve around being black. If you treat people like their ethnicity is the most interesting or important thing about them, that is racist. It's treating people like novelties and tokens. So don't treat black women as if their main characteristic is being black. Get to know them as people, like you would anyone else. Because black people aren't all the same. How would you feel if someone wanted to go out with you because of an "attraction to white men"? Get to know people as individuals.

This kind of reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Brian is going out with a black teacher and keeps making random references to her being black.