Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Holmesian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

Nope! I suffered through two dances with people I hated (the feeling was mutual). That was quite enough. I only got out of it by not mentioning it to my mother, who would have made me go. *shudders* No, thank you.

corsair
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2013, 5:28 pm

no...would've went if someone asked me (and paid for the ticket obviously :lol:) but i don't really mind, it would've been pretty awkward anyway

reneeirena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2013, 9:43 am

I've been for one and I'll be missing this year's one.

There's just way too much fuss over it. And for someone with sensory issues like me, it is hell. Imagine going to a place with bright lights and too much noise. Argh. I just sat in a corner and ate stuff and left asap.

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

I didn't go, and neither did my girlfriend.

Joannana
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2013, 1:30 pm

I'm from a country in Europe, so prom would be a bit different, more modest I guess. Some people arrived in limos and had fancy dresses anddates, but most people didn't follow the rules too much.

I went when I was 18 I guess and it was good fun. I didn't have a date, just went with friends. We went for dinner beforehand and then we went to prom and danced a lot. I don't recall drinking a lot or losing my virginity (like they seem to do in America), so I guess it was a great prom. Totally fun. Wore a somewhat fancy dress. Drank a drink or two and came home by 2. Haha. :)

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Ha ha. I get it.

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up and she jokes that she wants to go with a teddy bear. BTW we are still friends.

Physics
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

I only went to prom my junior and senior year of high school and both years were completely different. I went with the same guy two years as well. The first year was perfect -- we both enjoyed ourselves and everyone loved my dress. The second year; however, was a disaster. Neither of us wanted to dance with each other and we both just felt awkward.. Loud noises + sensory issues + two Aspie's = don't mix.