women, is it true Having a male gynecologist is like going t

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

whit3rabbit33
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2007, 5:15 pm

It may seem valid first read, but as someone else said... maybe he hasnt owned a car, but he has spent a lot of time underneath the hood.

Personally I feel more comfortable with women and acutally refuse to have a guy gyno (my mom has a male gyno and tried to get my to see him just because it was more convienient for her to go to wone place and talk to one doctor). I got lucky and have a really nice woman gyno (who luckily was in the same doctors office as my moms doctor!). I had severe PMS in high school and weird period cycles and when I went to go see her and she prescribed me a pill, she told me she prescribed me the same pill that she took, for whatever reason, when she was younger and that pill worked wonders (I tried the generic kind of birth control and it toally did nothing for my pms so I went back to the pill she prescribed me and that works). So I always liked the idea that a female gyno can relate like that.

But it does make more sense to me that male gynos would be more polite. Maybe they have learned it is tough having a vagina or since they know they dont have or know female parts first hand, they feel more careful as to be polite and caring when poking around there.

I never had a rectal exam. My gyno always has one finger in my vagina and then puts the other hand to the corrisponding place on my belly to feel the wall and whatever and always. I guess ifyou are comortable having a rectal and if you are at risk for something, then it is necessicary or at least not a problem. But I prefer going without for now. And dont guys have a reason to get rectals? Isnt that how they check their prostates?