Females: Were you passive subtype as a child?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 11:30 am

Kids always came to me and that was how I would make friends. I was easily taken advantage of because I have a weakness where I am told to do things and can be pressured into it. I have always done what others did just to fit in and be like everyone else. I would suppose this effected my AS results so it's off and on I have it but showed enough to warrant a diagnoses. It was plus and minuses in the criteria. Reason why I played with my friend in the summer who lived in another neighborhood was because she initiated it, she called me on the phone, she invited me over to her house, mom would ask me if I want her to come over, invite her to come swimming with us and I always said yes. Then when school started, she got into her normal friends and it was as if we were not friends anymore. I would also join in activities kids were doing. if kids were playing jump rope, I joined in. In 4th grade, I started to just do what others did in the group like copy everything down they write and let them do all the thinking and talking and I just follow along. That made working in groups easier for me.

But I was very bossy as a child and wanted to dominate everything and then I got more passive when I reached my preteens. I would go over to friends houses and ask if they can play, if we got new neighbors and they had kids, I would go over and ask if the kids can play. But I only did it with houses I was familiar with. I only went over to friends houses I was familiar with.

I would say yes and no for me as a kid.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 11:42 am

I was (and still am) quite passive. I could be boiling with rage on the inside but appear calm and still not speak my concern, and still follow the other people. When I was younger, it was usually out of fear, but that fear has since turned into anger. And yet I'm still passive. People have taken advantage of me, and even the times when I realized what they were doing, I let them anyway. I've slowly been getting better at subtle suggestions unless I just lose control and yell at people.

zemanski wrote:
I look as if I'm not paying attention (I doodle to focus) and then annoy everyone just as we're coming up to a break by asking something awkward and too pertinent to ignore that sidelines the whole discussion.....

Sounds like me! I can't focus in a group educational setting without doodling