Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:08 am

Verdandi wrote:
I do know I do the not gesticulating, showing no facial expression, talking only when necessary, and using brief answers thing, but I do not think I have autistic catatonia. I am not positive I do not, but if I do it is not that severe compared to others I've heard about.

I have the mutism thing during stress.
I once was in a panic situation and was so frightened that I couldn't move or talk for hours, but I was toled that's called differently, I forgot.
It was really frightening. :cry:

Also my autism got worse since 2003 I would say.
Too much stress and then my mood problems.

Nesf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2013, 8:11 am

My family say I got a lot worse since my diagnosis. Some sensory problems seem to be worse. Before the dx I had a burnout and I think I just let go.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 8:22 am

I'm going to get a couple of kittens when I move out of supported housing. I love cats.

I'm heading towards non-verbal now tbh. I just went to uni for two hours (a meeting and then a lecture) with my support worker, and I am totally washed out, exhausted. I want to go home and spend time in isolation. Which is what I will do.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 8:42 am

Another comment - from what I understand schizophrenia can cause regression. The negative symptoms (which strongly resemble autism) often develop during or shortly before a psychotic episode and persist even after the acute psychotic episode is over.

But my guess is that stress/overload is a more likely explanation.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

Tbh my negative symptoms are worse; lack of enjoyment in special interests, social isolation, lack of motivation (except OCD-related things), haven't been exercising at all really for the past six weeks (I used to go to the gym 2-3 times a week).

My OCD is worse too, which is making me stressed out, as well as living with people.

I had a bit of a relapse over Christmas due to a medication mess-up and ended up barely leaving my bedroom for 8 days in a row. I'm back on the maximum dose of Olanzapine, but the voices, Spies and mind-reading is still happening.

Hm.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

I've had swings from moderate to more severe.
When I was a child my AS was moderate.
From age 11 to age 13 it has gotten worse.
Now, since age 14, it has gotten moderate again, and I think it's getting milder now.