aspie women, do you hate women in general?

Page 8 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 1:15 pm

demoluca wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
This thread hurts my feelings. :(

*gives hugs*

I find that alot of girls don't like me because i don't believe in gossip and dislike more social topics like celebrities.

But i don't have any problem with them unless they have a problem with me.

Gossip is one of the few girly topics that I truly Enjoy :oops: .

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2008, 2:16 am

I prefer to hang around guys, but I can get along with girls okay.

One thing I really hate about some of the girl friendships I`ve had is their desire to turn me into a Cinderella, i.e. try to turn me into a happy NT. They mean well, but it`s really annoying - I`m never going to care about the bar scene, or about clothes, or what so and so is doing. Then they get annoyed because you`re not apprieciating the favor they`re doing for you. It`s very confusing.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 6:06 am

that annoys me too. the turn you into cinderella thing. it is like they don't like you only what you may(not) become.

i get annoyed when peoples tear random others to shreds with snide comments behind their backs or talk about the tiny details of someones outfit or a celebrity's figure.

i don't have a hatred of women or men.

Selkie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 May 2008, 12:39 pm

I'm cool with women as casual acquaintances, but much prefer male friends to 99.8% of fellow women.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm

I don't really hate women. My mother is a women and she's one of my most favorite people in the world. I tend to get along with both males and females if they're friendly, kind, funny, a good listener and still like me even after they've seen my uglier behavior (like having a meltdown).

It's mostly the stereotypes that some women actually live up to that are annoying, like being overly concerned about their superficial appearance or having to own a hundred pairs of shoes.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 7:37 am

I like women.

A lot of women tend to want to mother me which I appreciate especially where there's food involved.

Mind you I like men as well much for a similar reason. hahaha...

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 7:10 pm

I don't hate women in general. I'm apathetic about gender roles and their "natural" social habit.

But they do confuse me more in general than men.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

budgiezilla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2015, 3:08 am

When I was 16 or so I was like "whatever boys are way better, they like video games, and they don't care about stupid stuff like makeup and hair and clothes." Which is funny bc I cared about those things.

Then my mind was blown when I met a girl who talked girly and liked hair and makeup and clothes, and said her favorite video game was ocarina of time. My little brain couldn't handle that.

Then I grew up a bit and learned about internalized misogyny. Still unlearning that s**t

FloralChickenCollective
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2015, 4:47 am

I didn't like other girls in elementary school because boys seemed to accept me better as I was but now that I'm in college and pretty gay, nearly all of my friends are girls or queer people of various gender identities. I'm still working on getting over my internalized misogyny though and sometimes I'll still find myself being like "I'm glad I'm not like those girls", usually in reference to sorority girls, but I usually catch myself and remember that I don't like anyone in large groups and most of them are very nice as individuals and when what they're doing isn't harmful I really shouldn't care.