Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 2:22 pm

Today, I cleaned with lavender cleaner, washed dishes with lavender dish soap, sprayed some lavender Fabreze around, and did some laundry with lavender laundry detergent/dryer sheets. I took a shower with lavender shampoo and conditioner, and picked from not one but two lavender body washes currently in the shower. I didn't even notice this until I found myself pondering about getting a lavender/vanilla scent I used to like a lot. Anyone else really like a certain scent?

Found some lavender hand lotion too. :oops:

meems
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 3:16 pm

Duuuuude. Lavender is also my scent obsession. I can't get enough of it. It's been years though, and I'm still in love with the scent of lavender.

*HIGH FIVE*

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

I've got a thing for patchouli. It reminds me of some happy times. Unfortunately, my son figured how to get the bottle open and dumped all mine all over himself. But fortunately, all the furniture he sat on that night has a little remanant on it, so I can get a whiff when I'm watching TV in my favorite chair.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2013, 4:58 pm

Oh yes. Perfume is one thing I could never quit. I even wear some to go to sleep. I don't mind if I look a bit rough, but I could never not smell nice.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 5:24 pm

I usually don't like the presence of any unnecessary smell and get annoyed by people who use perfume.

However, I do have a thing for very subtle citrus smells (particularly grapefruit, but also lemon, lime and orange). I tend to pick those smells for shampoo, soap, detergent or any other thing if I can. But I'm put off by them if they smell too artificial.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I've got a thing for patchouli. It reminds me of some happy times. Unfortunately, my son figured how to get the bottle open and dumped all mine all over himself. But fortunately, all the furniture he sat on that night has a little remanant on it, so I can get a whiff when I'm watching TV in my favorite chair.

Golden Temple has patchouli oil and other essential oils pretty cheap. I'm sure you could find some there for under $10. Mix it with olive oil to stretch it.

I like this incense that my daughter got me before at Earthbound in University Mall, but unfortunately she didn't look to see what kind it was, and all I know is that it's yellowish brown. It was the kind in the different jars that doesn't come prepackaged. You can mix and match.

Wal Mart used to carry a brand I liked that had a nice apple/cinnamon/vanilla one but they don't sell that brand now and the brand they have sucks.

I plan on going to Earthbound this weekend and finding me some incense there. I have to go into T town to their Wal Mart to get some yarn, so I might as well go to the mall while I'm there. You should come with me. We could have lunch at Costa's.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:14 pm

dirt.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm

I love lavender too! It's supposed to reduce anxiety.

I also like the scents of sweet pea, fresh linens/cotton, sandalwood and nag champa :)

(As you can probably tell, I'm the type of person who will smell every single candle in the aisle at the store! :D )

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2013, 11:15 pm

I know it's weird but I love the smell of Irish Spring and original Downy.
Perfume wise, I really dig scents that are fresh and clean smelling like citrus or grass.
I don't like floral scents.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 11:49 pm

I love the scents of Vick's, Sweet Pea and Lavender.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2013, 4:35 am

heatherbk wrote:
Perfume wise, I really dig scents that are fresh and clean smelling like citrus or grass.

How funny! I'm a Heather too and I don't like floral scents much, especially the uber-sweet perfumes that are trendy now. But I suppose heather plants smell more like foliage than flowers, and I do like the dark leafy scents.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 4:39 am

Certain things cooking, especially bacon.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Feb 2013, 10:19 am

I don't care for any of the popular soap, perfume, or room spray smells. I just like the absence of scent in a house, and maybe a faint scent of lumber or new furniture, etc. if anything at all.

As far as scent obsessions, I think this is a weird one; even for an Aspie: Very few people will have any clue what I'm talking about, so please bear with me... I will do anything to sniff inside an RCA TV set made between 1946 and the late 1950s. I have no idea what it is that makes the distinctive scent in there, but it's orgasmic to smell it. I know that at least a few others on this forum who have the special interest in TV collecting and restoration, will know what I'm talking about.

Charles

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 7:31 pm

When I was a young child back in the early sixties, the Children's home I was in had a set of little white hard backed Beatrix Potter books, now these books where the highest quality paper I have ever seen in books, but I was obsessed with the smell of them, I would open the cover and just smell them, smelt them a lot more than I ever read them.

Years and years later, I found somebody who had a set of these, and the first thing I did was rediscover that lovely smell.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

I love to smell things that smell nice... I've always had a thing for sniffing stuff that smells good.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
heatherbk wrote:

How funny! I'm a Heather too and I don't like floral scents much, especially the uber-sweet perfumes that are trendy now. But I suppose heather plants smell more like foliage than flowers, and I do like the dark leafy scents.

hahah :D
I hate sweet scents that smell uber sweet like candy. Never understood it o_o