Putting on a Cocky Act (guys and girls)

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

04 Feb 2013, 10:15 pm

Has this worked for anyone? I'm currently working with an acting coach who is helping me to get all sorts of body language and stances right. She's amazing, and I wish I had done this years ago. Thank Zeus for the GI Bill paying for all of it!

I have long had the ability to sound cocky. I just didn't the have body language to go with it before. 3 years in the military could not change something so hard-wired just by brute force. Now that I see I could perhaps develop it, is this a good dating strategy? At 6'2, 200 pounds, and athletic, I certainly have the looks for it.

I think women are attracted to hard, cocky men, and then later want a softer, more sensitive man for a relationship. So, as an act, this could work perfectly. Thoughts?

Maybe it could work for girls too. Letta Ortiz from Fast & Furious doesn't need much social finesse to look attractive.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 3:16 am

Cocky and Funny works pretty badly if you are tall and or good looking. comes over as arrogant if you dont find the exact C & F sweet spot - which often people dont.

Your premise is true but women have experience and imo an act can only last so long.

However learning about your own b/l is a good idea.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 6:37 am

i agree with answeraspergers^^^.

as a female, i use this type of body language to get people to stay the heck away from me sometimes. it works like a charm. it is like man-repellent.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 7:27 am

Cocky/Funny, negs, pea-cocking, all overrated. It used to be unique, but everyone is doing it these days, even the girls.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 9:32 am

MCalavera wrote:
Cocky/Funny, negs, pea-cocking, all overrated. It used to be unique, but everyone is doing it these days, even the girls.

If everyone is doing it, how can it be so bad?

Anyway, what personality should tall/ok looking guy with new acting skills try to put on? Women like my real personality once they get to know me. So I'm more looking for a public personality.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 9:41 am

It's an act, meaning it's not who you are, you are faking. Eventually you will break your character. At first they may figure you for a very strong, tough, and cocky man, but later on you might change far too much for their comfort and they could look at you very differently, it's all very confusing.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

Pondering wrote:
It's an act, meaning it's not who you are, you are faking. Eventually you will break your character. At first they may figure you for a very strong, tough, and cocky man, but later on you might change far too much for their comfort and they could look at you very differently, it's all very confusing.

Yeah, but what girls ultimately like in a relationship and what they look for initially often have a parallel divergence, right?

To be honest, who I am is fluid. It's part of being autistic, no concept of self, in constant flux. Never in touch with emotions.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm

Tyri0n wrote:

Yeah, but what girls ultimately like in a relationship and what they look for initially often have a parallel divergence, right?

same goes for men.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

as a female, i use this type of body language to get people to stay the heck away from me sometimes. it works like a charm. it is like man-repellent.

Wow, I find this attitude in a woman highly attractive. So you'll have to figure out another way to scare away aspies like me. lol

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 1:03 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Wow, I find this attitude in a woman highly attractive. So you'll have to figure out another way to scare away aspies like me. lol

:lol: yeah i think it is highly individual.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

I think its a miracle she agreed with me. lol

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

What happens with people who don't notice body language?
:wink:

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2013, 7:06 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
I think its a miracle she agreed with me. lol

Maybe it's a sign that The End Is Nigh...

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 7:06 pm

machf wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

A kick to the balls is the international signal indicating that a woman is sexually uninterested in a man.

Some guys need less subtle signals than others. The key, as always, to proper communication is knowing your audience.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

Cocky and funny....na... Just have a sense of humour.
I have this cute Malaysian friend of mine whom I tease through text message all the time as she does to me. It's all in good humour and some tension even built up from it. She once texted to me "I gotta stop texting you so often, it's addicting :P" My response to that was "It's okay. I know I am irresistable :P" We can have our serious talks too. So yeah, forget cocky and funny and just mix your sense of humour with your soft side.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
machf wrote:

A kick to the balls is the international signal indicating that a woman is sexually uninterested in a man.

Hahahaha, yes, it is.

(Or it should be, I think I remember a scene from somewhere with a guy crouched on the ground right after such an occurrence but turning his head and saying "I'll call you"...)

Quote:
Some guys need less subtle signals than others. The key, as always, to proper communication is knowing your audience.

Very true.