Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 4:11 pm

Sanctus wrote:
Oh great, it lasted about 30 minutes. He's talking again now, in the same volume. Too exhausted to deal with this right now, but if I see him tomorrow I might lose my sh*t. He gets one more warning, then I'm off to the dorm management.

Holy cow, we only have to live next to each other for 3 more months. You'd think he could just be considerate for that time, even if it means he has to stop his precious talking. NT's.

Is it possible that he doesn't realize you can hear him? I guess I should rephrase that as a statement. It is possible he doesn't realize this is what you are talking about. What would happen if you knocked on his door while it was happening and just firmly, but still politely, said "This. This is what I mean. I can hear you very clearly and I can't sleep."

Sunny55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2013, 10:38 am

You can't be the only one who is being affected by this man's complete lack of consideration for others. Could you ask people in the other rooms if it is affecting them as well? If several of you are being affected, this would give you support and backup when officially complaining.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:54 am

I would not complain to management. It's only a few more months and he's clearly not going to change his behaviour. I would just accept it and make sure that next year I'm living with someone who is more compatible. If management speaks to him he will know that it was you who complained and he may retaliate.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2013, 10:55 am

I think that, since you have talked to this person directly multiple times, you should take this directly to an RA. Generally, if asking a person to stop politely doesn’t work, being confrontational will only make the situation worse. On the other hand, talking to someone who has the authority to make this person stop will have a better effect. If talking to your floor RA doesn’t work, then talk to whomever is in charge of them.

On top of this guy breaking the rules in the room next to yours, if you have informed the college of your “disability,” then it is obligated to provide for your special needs. If you are being kept awake by this guy because of your sensitivity to noise, then your requirements are not being met.

aja675
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2016, 1:25 am

So do I.