When women wear rings I instantly lose interest in them

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

This is something that I have come to realize the other day: When there's a woman I have interest in and she's wearing any kind of ring-like jewelery, I instantly and permantently lose any interest, assuming that the ring is a present from a significant other. I know that many women wear rings just as a fashionable accessory, but I can't make this distinction. The moment I've realized this was rather curious: I got a call from a girl working at my gym (she did the whole contracting thing with me about 2 weeks ago), and she asked me how I was getting along with my training and all that, even going as far as asking me how I was progressing with my college stuff (something we've talked about when I signed the contract was that I was preparing for my finals at the moment). I must have sounded quite rude, because she interrputed me while I was learning, plus I was very suspicious why someone from there would call me out of nowhere... if I had issues with something, I'd go and ask for help, so I assumed she wanted to get me into buying personal coaching or other stuff, and I was actually a little angry that they went and tried something like this (you know, using pretty women on guys to get them to cough up more dosh). A friend of mine hinted that it might actually be that she was interested in me on a more personal level. While to my recollection, she was kinda cute, it never occured to me, and I sat down and thought about why that was, and I came to the conclusion that the reason is that she wore a ring when we've met. Even more so, I found something out about myself: Checking hands for rings is one of the FIRST things I do with ANY person I meet, be it man or woman (to be more precise: I check people for small details like birth marks, scars, jewelery and such as it helps me distunquish them from one another, but checking the hands for rings is indeed one of the first things I do).
Just thought I'd share this odd piece of trivia here, as it is something I find both astonishing and a little amusing about me that it is that easy to kill any kind of romantic enthusiam I might have for someone I've just met. Anything like that happen to any of you?

In all things,
The supreme excellence is simplicity.
- Jesse Glover

My Autistic Score: 147 out of 200
My Neurotypical Score: 50 out fo 200

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

Women can buy their own jewellery.
Question - what would happen if you were in a serious relationship and you bought your fine lady some jewellery?

I understand why you are cautious and uninterested though. Hitting on a married woman only to find she's wed to a bruiser is a scary thought LOL

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

Yeah, it totally kills my interest, at least if I know the ring is from a b/f or husband. It's not all bad though. It just makes it a lot easier to move on.

What I'm baffled by is when women wear rings to keep certain types of guys away from them-- logically it won't keep the "scumbag" guys away, the ones that they don't want, but it will keep the guys who respect them from hitting on them or trying to advance past the friend stage. It's pretty ineffective if you ask me. I mean, thinking about it, it DOES make sense, but in practice, it doesn't work the way you'd think. :(

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Women can buy their own jewellery.
Question - what would happen if you were in a serious relationship and you bought your fine lady some jewellery?

I understand why you are cautious and uninterested though. Hitting on a married woman only to find she's wed to a bruiser is a scary thought LOL

Yes, I am perfectly aware of this fact, and I can consciously make the assumption that it might very well be something she bought for herself, but on a subconcious level, my brain seems to automatically shut down any kind of interest. Alas, it might indeed be an automated process to protect myself from disappointment.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

You can't even be too sure anymore; I know of at least 1 married couple who don't wear rings. I wasn't even aware of the whole ring thing until I was 17 - all I could see was the girl's face and someone had to point the ring out to me. But seeing someone alone and barehanded doesn't automatically make them eligible in other ways; they may be living an alternative lifestyle or an asexual who's never heard of WP. The problem I have as stated in my whine thread is that I can look at someone's hands once, twice, or even 3 times and I swear there will be nothing there, then, just at the point I'm digging through scripts in my mind, BAM, something sparkly out of nowhere

All in all it is a lot better for one's own personal safety that they immediately desist from all interaction with any she-Sneech wearing a rock

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm

The whole ring thing gets confusing. If they have a single one on the left ring finger I assume that means they're either engaged or married but I see a lot of women wear rings just because they like them. I see them wear rings on their right hand or both hands or rings on the non-ring fingers. Nowadays it's best if you hear it word of mouth whether someone is single rather than going by the rings they wear.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

glow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

I will honestly say that whilst i've never thought about asking a man to buy me jewellery the topic did arise when we were standing directly opposite a jewellery store and it was a bargain discount store and he wasn't swayed to go in but he did pay some towards it, which was kind.
I still kept the pendant as a memory of our love together.
sad I know. but true. I guess I can be quite sentimental when put to it.
we had met before the xmas period and after working hours and you call it a shared bond, but I don't cling onto too much, but it guess it was kind of makeshift of me to call it something when it was probably only a seasonal fling. I left because the place I worked in was s**t whilst he stayed on and on and on.. whoevers guess I guess. Anyone, in the habit of extreme id probably never rekindle a romance such as that again. The mental and physical attraction was mutual.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 9:34 pm

What if she's like me and wear rings made out of glass and plastic and cocktail rings that look like exotic animals - those sort of rings are the type girls buy for themselves because men don't buy that sort of fashiony stuff for girlfriends (unless he had flambouyant tastes, which is a bit suspect, lol.)

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 9:34 am

A wedding/engagement ring goes on the left ring finger, so if that finger is clear, your good to go.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

I haven't worn a wedding ring since my first year of marriage when I had to remember to take it off every day when I went to work and pin it to my scrubs. After that I just stopped wearing it altogether. I occasionally wear one but not often. I have other rings too that I very occasionally wear too, but jewelry for me is something to put on to go with the clothes. If you were to run into me at the grocery store and check out my hands you wouldn't see a ring at all there normally. They bother me most of the time. So, not wearing a ring isn't a sure indicator.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com