Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 4:22 pm

Do you have a favorite? Those of you that are of age. I couldnt finish the last beer I had it was a dark ale ten and a half percent bodied alcohol. I can drink my share but that was a bit much I was buzzed off about half....

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 5:02 pm

My favorite "everyday" beer is probably Boulevard Pale Ale. It's not too bitter, not too strong and goes down nice and smooth. :wink:

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
My favorite "everyday" beer is probably Boulevard Pale Ale. It's not too bitter, not too strong and goes down nice and smooth. :wink:

Nice which brewery was it? I like drinking local beers lately. The one I mentioned was the ten fidy brew from oskar blues in colorado

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

Used to work at a beer bar (over 300 kinds!). This could take a while.
I like a lot of pale beers infused with fruit. Fruli is pretty good, it's a belgian beer made with strawberries. Theres also a local brewery (Wild Rose) who makes this wicked beer called Wraspberry, and it's nice because it's not too sweet. Theres only a little bit of the raspberry flavour.
Another one I like a lot is Fernie Brewing's What the Huck beer. (Huckleberry).
If you're looking for some interesting beers try seeking out Mikkeller beers. It's a gypsy brewery and they make SO many different types of beer with funny names and cute labels. They also make one of the strongest beers in the world (Imperial Stout- 17.5%), Their Draft Bear is pretty good (not a typo, actually called Draft BEAR). One that I haven't tried but have always wanted to is their Beer Geek Breakfast beer. Apparently it's one of the highest rated beers in the world.
If you like hoppy beers there's also Brewdog's Trashy Blonde beer, which I enjoyed.

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

P.S Wild Rose also makes a beer called Velvet Fog that is SOOOOO good. I combine it with the Wraspberry to make a Pink Fog and it's AMAZING.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

RawSugar wrote:
I like a lot of pale beers infused with fruit. Fruli is pretty good, it's a belgian beer made with strawberries. Theres also a local brewery (Wild Rose) who makes this wicked beer called Wraspberry, and it's nice because it's not too sweet. Theres only a little bit of the raspberry flavour.
If you're looking for some interesting beers try seeking out Mikkeller beers. It's a gypsy brewery and they make SO many different types of beer with funny names and cute labels. They also make one of the strongest beers in the world (Imperial Stout- 17.5%), Their Draft Bear is pretty good (not a typo, actually called Draft BEAR). One that I haven't tried but have always wanted to is their Beer Geek Breakfast beer. Apparently it's one of the highest rated beers in the world.
If you like hoppy beers there's also Brewdog's Trashy Blonde beer, which I enjoyed.

Ya know I havent ever completely been down for hard fruit ciders. That stout is HUGEEE though you would get hammered after one. Imperial stout 17.5 wowww thats massive. Where is mikkeller based?

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

RawSugar wrote:

ok nevermind i am definitely going to germany haha

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm

RawSugar wrote:

have you ever been to Sherbrooke Liquor Store in edmonton? they have a massive selection of beers.

hoppy beers! i used to like Humulus Ludicrous by Half Pints, and Wild Rose's IPA.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 6:03 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
RawSugar wrote:

have you ever been to Sherbrooke Liquor Store in edmonton? they have a massive selection of beers.

hoppy beers! i used to like Humulus Ludicrous by Half Pints, and Wild Rose's IPA.

the funny thing about hoppy beers is that you definitely dont want to hop after drinking one lol

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
RawSugar wrote:

Never! Thanks for the tip though!! !

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

Sherman247 wrote:
RawSugar wrote:

Ya know I havent ever completely been down for hard fruit ciders. That stout is HUGEEE though you would get hammered after one. Imperial stout 17.5 wowww thats massive. Where is mikkeller based?

They're not ciders though, thats the thing. I'm not a fan of ciders at all. These are beers that are brewed with actual fruit in them and then strained out, no artificial flavours. Ciders are always too bitter for me and I like the beer taste. Thats why I like the wild rose so much.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

RawSugar wrote:
Sherman247 wrote:
RawSugar wrote:

They're not ciders though, thats the thing. I'm not a fan of ciders at all. These are beers that are brewed with actual fruit in them and then strained out, no artificial flavours. Ciders are always too bitter for me and I like the beer taste. Thats why I like the wild rose so much.

ah so kinda like a rum peach. Ok i gotcha. That sounds interesting

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 2:10 am

Haven't really drank in almost a year but my favorite was the cheapest and most potent

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2013, 7:25 am

I'm not a fan of ciders either, they give me terrible heartburn! Too acidy I think. Not really keen on fruity, non-berry ales, either. I like hoppy and a little bite.

I have a few faves at the minute - "Spitfire" which is brewed in Kent in the UK, "O.S.B" by the Tomas Watkins brewery in Wales and I'm very fond of a beer called "Bitter and Twisted" from the Harviestoun Brewery in Scotland (which is a bit ironic, as I'm generally annoyingly cheerful).

I tried a beautiful beer in Vancouver, and I can't remember the name of it. It was a honey beer, and was seemingly a very popular one. Can any of the Canadians maybe give some suggestions? I believe I'll remember it if I see the name!

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 9:22 am

Kelspook wrote:
I'm not a fan of ciders either, they give me terrible heartburn! Too acidy I think. Not really keen on fruity, non-berry ales, either. I like hoppy and a little bite.

I have a few faves at the minute - "Spitfire" which is brewed in Kent in the UK, "O.S.B" by the Tomas Watkins brewery in Wales and I'm very fond of a beer called "Bitter and Twisted" from the Harviestoun Brewery in Scotland (which is a bit ironic, as I'm generally annoyingly cheerful).

I tried a beautiful beer in Vancouver, and I can't remember the name of it. It was a honey beer, and was seemingly a very popular one. Can any of the Canadians maybe give some suggestions? I believe I'll remember it if I see the name!

how potent have you gone? Mine was 10.5 percent.

Marc420
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

My favorite is Carling Black Lable and Amstel Lager.