Flat Affect = Dangerous Person in NT Instinct

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

19 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

I heard some buddies calling a mutual acquaintance of ours creepy. Very interested, I asked why they thought that way, and they described what is essentially a description of flat affect. I had my suspicions, but this was a very illuminating look into the NT mind and explains so much.

It's interesting that drug users, psychopaths, schizophrenics, and individuals on SSRI's (who are prone to violence) all demonstrate flat affect as a symptom. So it's no wonder that NT's are conditioned by Evolution to shun a person with flat affect. Such people are, quite often, irrational, crazy, violent, and dangerous.

This is not the case for autistics. Autistics are less likely to commit violent crimes than almost anyone else. But, unfortunately, some of us are prone to being caught in the cross-fire of a well-placed Evolutionary survival trait.

I just thought the comments of these NT's was insightful. My cousin who has Schizophrenia has flat affect. And this explains why NT's think that some of us are "high" or have mental disorders.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 8:23 pm

I believe flat affect also indicates depression, as well as persons on the autistic spectrum disorder.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

19 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

Gazelle wrote:
I believe flat affect also indicates depression, as well as persons on the autistic spectrum disorder.

Which helps explain why autistics are treated unfairly because we're lumped in with schizophrenics and drug users.

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Gazelle wrote:

Which helps explain why autistics are treated unfairly because we're lumped in with schizophrenics and drug users.

I suspect it's simply that people don't like it when they can't tell what someone's thinking. In general people get nervous about the unknown... it's one explanation I've heard for why people tend to fear darkness, as well -- they can't tell what's going on around them in the dark, and that makes them uncomfortable.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 11:00 pm

People feel threatened by people who they can't read.
A book that I own described a case where a man went around his university for months wearing a large bag that made his face impossible to see. Many people ended up acting as though he was a threat and attacking him.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I