Apparently Autism is fake to this guy!

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

jamgrrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2013, 10:11 pm

Just a little insight into Michael Savage. Sorry if this is a repeat; I didn't want to read all four pages. :)

Another talk show host, Michael Medved (who is way more reasonable (most of the time)) knows Michael Savage, and says it's all an act. In real life, he's a flaming liberal and donates thousands of dollars a year to the Democrats. He discovered he can make more money on talk radio as a ridiculous fringe offensive guy. Basically, he's a troll for profit.

So take anything he says with a grain of sand. Every time he gets your goat, he cashes a very large check.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

The man is ridiculous! Can´t he hear how he exibits his own primitive stupidity and fear?

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 6:40 pm

jamgrrl wrote:
Just a little insight into Michael Savage. Sorry if this is a repeat; I didn't want to read all four pages. :)

Another talk show host, Michael Medved (who is way more reasonable (most of the time)) knows Michael Savage, and says it's all an act. In real life, he's a flaming liberal and donates thousands of dollars a year to the Democrats. He discovered he can make more money on talk radio as a ridiculous fringe offensive guy. Basically, he's a troll for profit.

So take anything he says with a grain of sand. Every time he gets your goat, he cashes a very large check.

There's a difference between being an annoying troll and being plain instulting, ignorant, and stupid, he'd earn that check regardless of him being an *ass wipe, I honestly think he rather enjoys talking crap about other people, whether it's an act or not. And regardless of whether it is an act or not, it still has real world consequences, some people still take it seriously (as you've probably seen in this very thread) and would act on that information. What people say that potentially causes more problems for other people cannot possibly be justified on the basis of it being "just an act" on a radio talk show. Oh they're free to say whatever they want, but no-one can be expected to automatically assume that what he says isn't the way he actually feels, or that everyone knows it could be an act.
As I've said before, if he recanted/disproved/anything of what he said previously, it's likely because he was either going to lose his job over it, or he started losing money over it and decided to save face in the public's eyes by saying a bunch of crap to make them happy.

jamgrrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2013, 6:46 pm

Jaden wrote:
There's a difference between being an annoying troll and being plain instulting, ignorant, and stupid, he'd earn that check regardless of him being an *ass wipe, I honestly think he rather enjoys talking crap about other people, whether it's an act or not. And regardless of whether it is an act or not, it still has real world consequences, some people still take it seriously (as you've probably seen in this very thread) and would act on that information. What people say that potentially causes more problems for other people cannot possibly be justified on the basis of it being "just an act" on a radio talk show. Oh they're free to say whatever they want, but no-one can be expected to automatically assume that what he says isn't the way he actually feels, or that everyone knows it could be an act.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not excusing Michael Savage. I'm just explaining what his act is and revealing his trick. As they say, don't feed the trolls. If you don't know he's a troll, it's totally understandable to be taken in by the con. My goal here is to unmask the con to hopefully take a bit of the sting out of his words.

Because in the end we can't really do anything about it besides use free speech right back at him. I think honesty about his sham is more effective than arguing with the strawman he has erected.

The real argument isn't "How can he believe those things", but more, "How can he make a profit by making so many people believe he believes those things". That should be the real target of discussion.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

jamgrrl wrote:
Jaden wrote:

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not excusing Michael Savage. I'm just explaining what his act is and revealing his trick. As they say, don't feed the trolls. If you don't know he's a troll, it's totally understandable to be taken in by the con. My goal here is to unmask the con to hopefully take a bit of the sting out of his words.

Because in the end we can't really do anything about it besides use free speech right back at him. I think honesty about his sham is more effective than arguing with the strawman he has erected.

The real argument isn't "How can he believe those things", but more, "How can he make a profit by making so many people believe he believes those things". That should be the real target of discussion.

Good point :D

I didn't think you were necessarily excusing him, I agreed with your point before as well, I just wanted to also point out that it does have consequences either way.

But, yes, you're totally correct, the better discussion is the "how can he make money saying what he does" and I think it's largely because people like hearing about drama, it's like they feed off of it, and Savage emits it like he's made of the stuff lol

jamgrrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

Jaden wrote:
Good point :D

I didn't think you were necessarily excusing him, I agreed with your point before as well, I just wanted to also point out that it does have consequences either way.

But, yes, you're totally correct, the better discussion is the "how can he make money saying what he does" and I think it's largely because people like hearing about drama, it's like they feed off of it, and Savage emits it like he's made of the stuff lol

Yeah, I never did like him, even back when I was a conservative and listened to other talk shows.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 3:02 am

Well hes a hard core rightwing whos ashamed of being a jew so it says a lot!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 3:53 am

That particular fight was won in 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage#Autism

With the one exception of being limited to the "Aspergers" part of the spectrum I see little difference between what Savage said and what is said in these type threads.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt259639.html
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt144401.html

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2014, 4:30 am

Good thing the ignorant git is banned from entering the UK. Won't have to put up with him in England.

IAmTheCatalyst
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2014, 4:56 am

Now that I heard this, I kind of wonder a little bit if my aunt and uncle DID in fact see signs in me, but never went to get me diagnosed because they believed vile garbage like this.

Last edited by IAmTheCatalyst on 22 Sep 2014, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdsleep
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2014, 6:07 pm

Savage is very likely on the other extreme end of the NT-AS spectrum, a psychopathic narcissistic liar with zero empathy.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

Let him be a douchebag, I don't care what he says. He has really no bearing on anybody. People who are gonna believe him are the same ones who believe the National Enquirer. If we force everybody to have the sense God gave a goose, then we have nobody left to laugh at for stupid opinions.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com