Apparently Autism is fake to this guy!

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 6:22 am

Not even gonna listen to it/watch it, reading peoples' comments gives me the gist enough.

He's clearly a loud-mouthed individual spouting hot air. Plenty of those in the world. There is no excuse for ignorance when the evidence is freely available to read.

How on earth does he explain babies exhibiting signs of autism! If his logic is that it's just a difficult child who needs the firm hand of authority, that can only be stated (however incorrectly) about an older child. Babies don't know anything other than their instincts, and yet still they display signs of autism. I'd like to see him explain that.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 6:33 am

The worrying thing is that I think he truly believes this. There are plenty of other people who think it too and hearing it coming from someone in the media might make them feel justified. If all I had to do was tell my daughter off, then she would have become NT long ago. He's just amazing to have come up with such a simple solution. :roll: Thankfully, I've never heard of him before and don't wish to hear him again.

mrL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2013, 9:03 am

JonAZ wrote:
The Guy just killed his career.

"On his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage claimed that autism is "[a] fraud, a racket. ... I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they're silent? They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.' " "

Think of it like this, say 1% of the population are idiots then that 1% will exalt him and profess that he is indeed right. Fox news and other idiots pick up his foolery, they play with words as though they are playing devils advocate (lets not forget Rush Limbaugh calling Michael J Fox a faker) and you have the recipe for controversy. Idiots will then begin to question autism or its severity and now we have a greater number of non idiots doubting it because they aren't well informed but they are listening to what the idiots say and understand that idiots are all around us. They are parents, friends and even family members; most of all, some people are idiots and don't even know they are idiots, truth be told I feel far more sympathetic for idiots because while a person with autism can understand that have autism and the things they can do to treat it, sadly most idiots cannot recognize they are idiots and will likely never change. True story!! !!

Drone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

Michael Savage's name sounds familiar. What did he do besides becoming a famous hater. Anyway, people like this will begin to dwindle away as autism becomes more studied and well known. A lot of mental disorders were once thought to be nothing but a guy who is purposefully acting weird or were caused by demons and society has advanced to classify them as actual maladies. Although, I do believe that some things are caused by demons. Not autism, I know I am not possessed.

"Therefore, let every one that is out of Christ, now awake and fly from the wrath to come." Jonathan Edwards

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 11:40 am

I've dealt with this ignorance my whole life. It's just like my fussy eating habits. I'm sure my parents heard a thousand times from ignorant fools "if you stop pandering to him, he will learn to eat like everyone else". Well, they literally tried everything until they realized I would literally starve myself to death rather than eat 80% of the foods out there they are that unpleasant. I become almost pencil thin because no matter how hungry I was, if I couldn't eat it, I wouldn't eat it period!

Jaden wrote:
No, the worst thing I can imagine wishing on Michael Savage is making him the one on the receiving end of the acts that people like him cause to happen (hate crimes, violence, being subjugated because of the difference) because of the bs they spread. See how he likes being ganged up on, and beaten down because of said differences. It'll change his life, or it'll break his livelihood permanently, either way I'd be happy knowing that he wouldn't dare do it to another soul in his life afterward.

One of my former bullies (who is now a changed man and a co-worker) was jumped a few years back by a large gang of black males just because he was the first white male they saw. I had to resist saying 'well, karma's a b**** ain't it?'Not so fun being on the receiving end of a mob attack that's for sure :lol:

epitome81
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2013, 2:48 pm

There are not enough expletives, slurs, or brute force in this world to change his beliefs, what gives him the right to impose himself over others?

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
The worrying thing is that I think he truly believes this. There are plenty of other people who think it too and hearing it coming from someone in the media might make them feel justified. If all I had to do was tell my daughter off, then she would have become NT long ago. He's just amazing to have come up with such a simple solution. :roll: Thankfully, I've never heard of him before and don't wish to hear him again.

This is how I was treated by NTs and thought they were right when I was a child, as I grew up I found that you cannot explain complex things to anti-reletivists and have them understand it from another perspective. Understanding things like Autism is crucial to not go around the world with the anger this man has. It's a shame for certain. :(

NT Score= 126 out of 200

Blue_Jackets_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
What do you expect? Savage has been delusional loudmouthed shitwit since the day he was born. I'm surprised they haven't found that piece of sh** face down in a ditch yet.

I for one do NOT wish any harm on Salvage. While I thouht what he spewed was vile I think it is way past time to let it go, especially since he did apolgise and clarified what he was trying to say.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 7:01 pm

Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:
I for one do NOT wish any harm on Salvage. While I thouht what he spewed was vile I think it is way past time to let it go, especially since he did apolgise and clarified what he was trying to say.

He apologized? How long ago did he say this?

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

I'm not surprised that there are people who think like this.

I'm only surprised that he gets paid for expressing his opinion, and that people listen to him.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
What do you expect? Savage has been delusional loudmouthed shitwit since the day he was born. I'm surprised they haven't found that piece of sh** face down in a ditch yet.

Meanwhile, whatever haters that listened to his bs the first time have taken that to heart and have developed their own judgements based on the lies and opinions of his broadcast.

I guarentee if he did apologize, it wasn't by his own will, he was likely facing either termination or court time for slander, or he realized that his opinions aren't popular belief and started losing money, so to save money, instead, gives an apology and twists his original words to make it seem as though he meant something opposite than he actually said. ™ of a liar ("trademark of a liar" for those who either can't see the tm or didn't know what that was).

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

21 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/22/busin ... .html?_r=0

Quote:
Michael Savage, the incendiary radio host who last week characterized nearly every child with autism as “a brat who hasn’t been told to cut the act out,” said in a telephone interview on Monday that he stood by his remarks and had no intention of apologizing to those advocates and parents who have called for his firing over the matter.

“My main point remains true,” Mr. Savage, whose radio audience ranks in size behind only those of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, said in the interview. “It is an overdiagnosed medical condition. In my readings, there is no definitive medical diagnosis for autism.”

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

21 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

Anyway, if it were just one time, one thing that Savage has ignorantly and maliciously commented on, maybe that one apology would count. However, it's not. He holds forth on numerous topics in exactly the same manner. One apology is meaningless.

I don't wish for anything bad to happen to him (but as I said earlier, being Michael Savage is punishment enough), but he's made a career out of saying terrible things - that is, trolling.

Tiggurix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

JonAZ wrote:
"On his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage claimed that autism is "[a] fraud, a racket. ... I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they're silent? They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.' " "

Ironically, acting on that advice is pretty much the worst thing a father could do for his autist child.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Rush Limbaugh & his ilk. This is just another one in the same mold. It is a shame that there will always be this type of loud-mouth who mistakes personal opinion for FACTS, but there you have it...
Another reason to ignore Talk Radio.

Sincerely,
Matthew

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:

He apologized? How long ago did he say this?[quote]
This is something like 4 years old

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm

Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

That's very big of you. Personally, if someone slaughtered him like the pig he is I would sleep with a smile. If that piece of s**t apologized to everyone he s**t on for a dollar he would die of old age before he was finished. Hell I might even attend his funeral to spit on his corpse :D