Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Drone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2013, 9:06 pm

In my younger grades, my parents had to check me out of school for my frequent tantrums. If anything didn't go right or the schedule was messed up, I would get angry. I am very peaceful now, though. The most voilent thing about me now is the violent videogames I play. And even then, I'm the violent good guy.

"Therefore, let every one that is out of Christ, now awake and fly from the wrath to come." Jonathan Edwards

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2013, 12:14 am

I am what most people consider "violent." But I live in a very violent town so it helps to be meaner than the next guy.

I also almost always have a knife on me outside of school.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

To be fair, I do have to give them credit for one thing.

At least they're not pushing antipsychotics or other sedating agents as the best or the only way to deal with it. They're there, but they're not talking as if a lifetime of these medications is obligatory from the word go.

That's an improvement over just a couple of years ago. HUGE improvement.

Maybe people are starting to wake up to the concept that ideas like, "If they're quiet, then everything must be OK" just might be complete and utter tripe.