Vermont firefighter accused of slavery commits suicide

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 10:16 am

911 dispatcher and volunteer fire fighter from ludlow vermont who owned a 12 year old sex slave has killed himself

cant say im crying my eyes out on this one although it would have been fun to see him in general population.but the judge would likely sent him to solitary confinment anyway.but its better he saved tax payers the expense of a trial.

at least if a fire broke out in what ever the space she was kept in she had the right person guarding her.

you can find the article on MSN live in case you guys want to post the whole articles link

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 12:26 pm

Sick and evil and cruel.

That poor kid will never completely recover.

Sylkat

Fozi
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2013, 2:58 pm

This is a sad situation for everyone involved. Hopefully there can be healing that come out of this.

Personally, I'm offended at the jokes about prison rape. The allusion to how it would be fun to see someone who committed crimes themselves becoming a victim appeal to some sense of justice. However, I subscribe to the notion that nobody ever deserves to be raped. I think if everyone held this view, we might be able to achieve better results when it comes to rape prevention, and criminal justice.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 3:15 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Sick and evil and cruel.

Sylkat

What more is there to be said but "Good riddance"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

Tequila wrote:

"End of Thread", perhaps?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

I must admit, I've never heard of this whole ugly situation. I have to wonder if such atrocities are becoming so common that they're not widely reported on anymore.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

meems
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 2:01 pm

Slavery is actually pretty common, though illegal in the U.S. There are lots of people illegally trafficked here, and some of them end up in these situations.

Even people who are free to leave their situation and appear to be there voluntarily are frequently clueless to their rights and feel they have to stay for one reason or another and can't trust U.S. authorities, or feel like they'll just be arrested etc.

This is f*****g common and it makes me sick. For the number of people brought into the U.S. ... the FBI has just been getting a grip on how to identify and go after people trafficking people in, and the estimated numbers of people trafficked in... you gotta face up to reality at some point and admit there are a lot of people living in basements or whatever and kept for sexual slavery. Children, adults, whatever, it's all f*****g disgusting and I wish we had a more efficient way of weeding it out and helping these people/prosecuting those behind the trafficking and false imprisonment or whatever the charges are in most states.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm

meems wrote:
Slavery is actually pretty common, though illegal in the U.S. There are lots of people illegally trafficked here, and some of them end up in these situations.

Even people who are free to leave their situation and appear to be there voluntarily are frequently clueless to their rights and feel they have to stay for one reason or another and can't trust U.S. authorities, or feel like they'll just be arrested etc.

This is f***ing common and it makes me sick. For the number of people brought into the U.S. ... the FBI has just been getting a grip on how to identify and go after people trafficking people in, and the estimated numbers of people trafficked in... you gotta face up to reality at some point and admit there are a lot of people living in basements or whatever and kept for sexual slavery. Children, adults, whatever, it's all f***ing disgusting and I wish we had a more efficient way of weeding it out and helping these people/prosecuting those behind the trafficking and false imprisonment or whatever the charges are in most states.
if its hapening in vermont think how much it must happen other places

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Tequila wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
Sick and evil and cruel.

Sylkat

This.

o0Mackintosh0o
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

Well at least the coward is dead and if there is a hell may he be tortured for eternity.