Does this make me a bad person?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm

I've had a very active sex life...like nine different girls in a matter of three years. One of those years was reserved for a special someone but when she cheated and I outsted her, it was back to the ol grind. I probably sound horrible because of the way I just put that, but these flings were never initiated by me, and I never screwed anyone over....just in bed. I'm a manwhore to some people I guess.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:11 pm

I don't think it makes you a bad person, but it may put you at risk for sexually transmitted diseases like HIV and hep B and C.

TrueNarnian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2013, 8:15 pm

How did you treat those girls when you were with them? Did they think it would be a lasting relationship, or did you both know what you were in for?

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

TrueNarnian wrote:
How did you treat those girls when you were with them? Did they think it would be a lasting relationship, or did you both know what you were in for?

My father told me to treat my girl like gold. In just about all my flings, the girl knew what my intentions were and it was completely mutual. Two of them involved us on the "verge" of dating but then it collapsing for some odd reason. I am respectful to them and their bodies and understand what the word no means.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:23 pm

cathylynn wrote:
I don't think it makes you a bad person, but it may put you at risk for sexually transmitted diseases like HIV and hep B and C.

It was incredibly stupid. I can't count the times I didn't use protection. I was tested after my last sexual encounter and I'm clean. I will NOT take that for granted at this point.

personas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2013, 9:04 pm

Take it from a girl in a big college with a very active greek life on campus—9 different girls in 3 years is not all that bad. I know many guys (not personally) who easily go through 9 girls in two or three weeks. A fraternity guy (depending on the fraternity and the school) would balk at the thought of only having slept with 9 girls in three years.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 9:08 pm

Killing 9 people in 3 years makes you a bad person. Making love to 9 people in 3 years makes you wonderful and alive.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

personas wrote:
Take it from a girl in a big college with a very active greek life on campus—9 different girls in 3 years is not all that bad. I know many guys (not personally) who easily go through 9 girls in two or three weeks. A fraternity guy (depending on the fraternity and the school) would balk at the thought of only having slept with 9 girls in three years.
Good point! Might use that if I encounter someone who tries to attack me for my love life.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

AsteroidNap wrote:
Killing 9 people in 3 years makes you a bad person. Making love to 9 people in 3 years makes you wonderful and alive.
Thank you I appreciate it :)

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2013, 10:44 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:
I've had a very active sex life...like nine different girls in a matter of three years. One of those years was reserved for a special someone but when she cheated and I outsted her, it was back to the ol grind. I probably sound horrible because of the way I just put that, but these flings were never initiated by me, and I never screwed anyone over....just in bed. I'm a manwhore to some people I guess.

From what you've said here, no it doesn't make you a bad person and sad to tell you but it doesn't even come close to making you a manwhore ether.

Having an inactive or active sex life doesn't change the kind of person you are, its how you treat other along way in that life which really makes the impact.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 12:44 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:
My father told me to treat my girl like gold. In just about all my flings, the girl knew what my intentions were and it was completely mutual. I am respectful to them and their bodies and understand what the word no means.

Sounds to me that you've been the perfect gentleman. That's been my key to an active and healthy romantic life. The right girls respond positively to honesty and niceness. Underhanded PUA tactics may work for frat guys or my alcoholic roomate but I'm incapable of those types of manipulations both on a functional and moral ground.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

08 Mar 2013, 1:00 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:

Nice brag post.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person. There is no law that says you have to have sex with only one person your entire life.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
DiabloDave363 wrote:

Nice brag post.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person. There is no law that says you have to have sex with only one person your entire life.

excuse me? brag post? No. Not at all actually. How dare you say that. I've always been quiet about my love life and modesty is the reasoning for that. The only reason I've broken the silence is because of some people in my life have voiced their disapproval...with great hostility. I figured I could turn to this site for advice but if that's the way my posts will be perceived then I suppose I was wrong. These girls are not trophies for some counter in a race or anything like that. I was simply stating the facts of my situation and if that seems like a "brag" to you I don't know what else to tell you.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
DiabloDave363 wrote:

Nice brag post.

excuse me? brag post? No. Not at all actually. How dare you say that. I've always been quiet about my love life and modesty is the reasoning for that. The only reason I've broken the silence is because of some people in my life have voiced their disapproval...with great hostility. I figured I could turn to this site for advice but if that's the way my posts will be perceived then I suppose I was wrong. These girls are not trophies for some counter in a race or anything like that. I was simply stating the facts of my situation and if that seems like a "brag" to you I don't know what else to tell you.

Well you did post on a forum populated by people who are in their 30's and 40's and have never had a SINGLE sexual encounter.. let alone 9 in 3 years, it was bound to ruffle feathers.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 7:37 pm

rabbittss wrote:
DiabloDave363 wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
DiabloDave363 wrote:

Nice brag post.

Well you did post on a forum populated by people who are in their 30's and 40's and have never had a SINGLE sexual encounter.. let alone 9 in 3 years, it was bound to ruffle feathers.

Sure, but that's not his fault. I found his post completely appropriate, and sincere.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

That's not what I was saying at all.

I mean, Heck, I feel guilty talking about having been with 2 people in nearly 15 years..