Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 11:17 pm

They can legalize all of it for all I care.
The war on drugs and all that comes with it isn't worth it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 1:38 am

If they let out all the people on bogus marijuana possession there would be room to keep the really dangerous criminals,child molesters,rapists,violent assault and murderers.
It would free the cops up to pursue the people that are really dangerous.Instead of writing someone up for possession they could be responding to a home invasion.
The cops aren't bad guys,the laws are.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2013, 1:24 pm

Sovereign wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:
It's definitely not a drug to be reckoned with though. It absolutely can make you apathetic and paranoid, and anti social. Proceed with caution is a better message than "marijuana is magical and harmless." With that said, it can make most things better, like bad movies, food, and video games. And sex.

I get what you're saying, but the overall message here isn't "You can go ahead and get high 24-7, there won't be any consequences!" That isn't what viewers should've taken from this video.

Sure, abusing cannabis (i.e. spending every waking minute high and doing nothing else) will probably have a negative impact on your life. That's just common sense.

But the point is, people can only make an informed decision about something after they have all of the facts. And a lot of the facts about cannabis usage have been withheld from the general public for various reasons. That's not right.

I guess it would be interesting to see what some of the people I used to know, and some of my current friends, what they would do if MJ was fully legal in CA. Right now, most of the stoners I used to know, they quit once they got married. One guy curbed his smoking to nights and weekends. Another guy has seriously curbed his smoking, and when we get together we talk about eventually quitting. We have kids who are young, but at some point, they're gonna know.
Another guy, is actually trying to quit booze, an eats MJ as sort of a replacement. He also sees a therapist etc... If these guys could go to a "bar" and get high, I wonder how it what they would do?
I wonder if you could go out and get high like people go out and have a few drinks....
Would these guys be at "the bar" all the time?

In terms of taxing MJ, I see in CA, there are politicians who want to tax it, some dispensaries do charge sales tax, others deal in cash.....and another group wants to unionize pot shop workers. I'm thinking all these things will raise the price, it'll become an upper and middle class thing, and the black market will be alive and well. BTW, most people I know dont have have cards, and they get their weed from people who do have cards. Interesting.

Marshmallows
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2013, 6:03 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Marshmallows wrote:
I do not for the life of me remember which news station I was watching on tv, but it was reporting on a study that showed marijuana users have a higher lung complicity.. nothing to do with lung cancer but I thought it was interesting.

The comments about marijuana causing schizophrenia are false, they are based on old studies that were used to scare the public. My own mental heath nurse practitioner has shown me studies that showed that many people with mental disorders such as schizophrenia ust happen to self medicate with marijuana and that it can be helpful for some of their symptoms.

It can actually be very unhelpful for their symptoms, my cousin is a classic example, and he was in the belief it could be helpful, but it is directly responsible for a serious deterioration, which wouldn't have happened, without it. Because he cannot always think straight the has repeated this, and it causes the same effect every time Direct cause an effect.

MJ is not a proven cause, of schizophrenia, and I'm skeptical of that too, however people with a predisposition to psychotic episodes, it is not always advisable to take it. As far of as controlling thing is, as it is people with this illness already have disordered thinking so whatever you think they are controlling, they are not in control, you cannot know what the reaction is going to be it can be very volatile. What lessens anxiety in an average person doesn't necessarily equate to someone with schizophrenia.

I think if we are going to have a sensible debate about MJ (and I'm pro legalization), people need to stop seeing MJ through rose tinted glasses, and more something like anything that has positives and negative.

It annoys me just as much that want to ban it, those who make out that is cure all because it makes them feel good. It has some medical uses don't get me wrong.

I know it can be very unhelpful that is why I said SOME and not all symptoms
my psych doc and I have talked extensively on these topics as I am becoming a patient. I do not have rose tinted glasses, I study this topic often, read new studies as I find them and talk to people who are knowledgeable on the subjects. There are negatives effects to mj just like every other medication doctors give out. pros and cons.. smoking concerns can be completely avoided.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

Marshmallows wrote:
I know it can be very unhelpful that is why I said SOME and not all symptoms
my psych doc and I have talked extensively on these topics as I am becoming a patient. I do not have rose tinted glasses, I study this topic often, read new studies as I find them and talk to people who are knowledgeable on the subjects. There are negatives effects to mj just like every other medication doctors give out. pros and cons.. smoking concerns can be completely avoided.

I have heard on some nefarious sites that mj affects parts of the brain that are effected by autism. I would post a link, but they are not trustworthy. At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of effect that is specific to people on the spectrum because of my own experiences and from things I've read here.