Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 6:19 am

Had a bottle of Hawkshead Lakeland Gold (4.4%) last night.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:11 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
I generally do not drink alcohol, but I like to drink good beer.

I like especially the Pilsner Urquell is imported, but in my country, Poland, is not very expensive, because we border with the Czech Republic, so the price is not different from the beer produced in Poland.

And do you like beer :)

Same here. I am no fan of really being drunk, but a nice day on the sea or a music event with some beer is ok.

As long as we are really talking about classic beer. ^^ So I am not so a big fan of german beer, most are Pils and the first seconds when you taste it, it tastes very good, but the taste afterwards is bad somehow. The northern beers like Tuborg and Heinecken taste ok (so they dont have a strong taste anyway in my oppinion) but because they have so much sugar in it, the day afterwards is horrible. So the winner is in my oppinion: Austrian "Märzen" brew ("Märzen" is no brand, but a technique to brew a beer, like "Pils" as example), followed by czechian Budweiser, followed by croatian Karlovacko beer, that almost tastes like an austrian "Märzen". ^^ As teenager I also liked wheatbeers, but since 10 years or so, they taste somehow boring to me.

So I never tasted a polish brand or the famous english Guiness, so I hope noone is disappointed, because of me not mentioning these two brands. :)

Quote:
i never could understand what bitter beer lovers like so much about bitter, to me bitter tastes just like dirt.
As mentioned as a youth I liked the more tasteless wheatbears more than the "Märzen" bitter bears. (So the taste of Tuborg and Heinecken also was ok, but they created horrible headaches on the next day, so they are evil. ^^) Somehow my taste simply changed. As example I also couldnt eat most olives as a younger one, or couldnt stand some of my mothers cheeses (She is from france.). You opened the fridge and then this horrible smell of death came out of the fridge. Even being around these cheeses about 1 meter was not possible. Forced to eat in the same room was horror. Or bitter greek goat cheese...so I could eat it if it was in the salade wihtout disturbing me that much, but would have never created a salad with bitter goat cheese on my own. So around my age 25-30 this slowly changed. Olives suddenly taste interesting, mothers cheese from france dont force me to live the kitchen immediatly, I can even eat it and taste differences and bitter beer, I didnt like as a younger one, somehow got a more deep taste, while the more "light" beers suddenly taste as if the bottle was open for some hours. So its not bad, its simply somehow boring with a taste of fade.

Last edited by Schneekugel on 25 Mar 2013, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:15 am

Schneekugel wrote:
So I never tasted a polish brand or the famous english Guiness

You won't be popular with the Irish for that - Guinness is an Irish beer and definitely isn't English, although it did used to be brewed in England for the UK market I believe. In fact, it's perhaps the most famous export of Ireland.

(Yes, I know that Arthur Guinness was a unionist and so were the Guinness family in general before Irish independence but it's an Irish beer.)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

Sorry. I always linked english pubs somehow with dark guiness without sparkles. Sorry to all irish ones, if I misunderstood something. :)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

Still drinking Cooper's Ultra Light. It's decent.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

Not so much, it is kind of bitter. But I do drink beer during social gatherings with friends.

Personally, I prefer mixed drinks, liqueurs, cocktails, wine coolers, sweet & fruity flavors. :D

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

I love good beer. Ales.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Do you like beer?

I like Stout. Ale is okay, but lager is only good for killing garden slugs.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 8:06 am

Fnord wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Do you like beer?

What foreigner nowadays call a "Lagerbier" is nothing more than lemonade. If you ever visit Austria or Bavaria, then get yourself a real strong Märzenbier. (But not the ones from the supermarkets.) So Lagerbier was a beer that was brewed in winter and could be stored (on german = gelagert) until autumn and the marchbeer (=Märzenbier) was the last lagerbeer you could brew and traditional it was very strong (you used everything left because the ingredients would have gone bad until next winter ^^) and had around 15 degree of fermentation (as comparison: the known strong bockbier has 16 degree) and contents very much hops, so its pretty dark and has a strong taste.

What international companies sell nowadays as "Lagerbeer" is normally pretty strange, because normally its a blond beer with low fermenation (only about 10-11 degree) and not much hops in it, so no real taste. Dont ask me, why a dark beer with strong taste, was transformed into blond lemonade, and could keep the same name, so everyone is confused by it.

So this is what a real Lager Märzen has to look like Image in comparison to whyever this thinks to be a Lagerbier Image

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:03 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Do you like beer?
What foreigner nowadays call a "Lagerbier" is nothing more than lemonade...

I've had that, and it's a fine brew, but Guinness Stout is what I prefer - it's the first stout I ever had - especially when it is drawn up through a pump-tap from a wooden cask in the cellar.

Dang it! Now I'm thirsty...

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2013, 10:19 am

I like Mexican beer (Corona, Sol, etc). Not dark beer though. But I haven't really drunk beer much at all in the past several years due to making fitness my #1 goal.

Charles

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

The only alcohol I ever drank was beer. I never drank alot & never been drunk & I'm straight-edge now. The beer I drank the most was Heineken, Beck's & Guinness. My uncle drank/drinks that so I drank it when I was with him & got my dad to buy it for me because I was under 21 when I started drinking but I was over 18. I drank other beer at parties/functions when that wasn't available like Bush or Budweiser. I also drank Keystone Ice because my dad bough it occasionally for BBQs or when he was planning to have a coworker over.

I would like to try this~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umHGEn3YbTc[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2013, 4:00 pm

Unless it's flavored, it tastes like piss, so no.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

Noodlebug wrote:
Unless it's flavored, it tastes like piss, so no.

Is that why it's referred to as piss in some Australian songs?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 8:20 pm

I can't drink beer nor any other alcoholic beverages.

MaxPower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Do you like beer?

Ale = top fermenting, lager = bottom fermenting. There are countless styles of beer, and ale vs. lager is relatively unimportant.