Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2013, 2:34 pm

This summer a niece of the lovely slightly younger man (lsym) that I live with will be getting married at a beach in Charlestown, SC in mid July. And I do not have a clue what to wear that would be comfortable for me.

Do you have any suggestions? You already know my age (the lsym thinks I look about 20 years younger) so I'll add a little bit more info just in case you think it could help deciding what would be best for this elderly Aspie. 5'1", size 8 pants, size 2 or 4 top. I normally wear long pants, t-shirt and a light weight jacket with long sleeves. Like to protect my skin against the sun since I hate the whole concept that the environment can change the appearance of my skin.

It would be great if you could help me make a decision. Since I am not able to express myself to people I do not know that well I have always thought that my appearance will do part of that job. My socializing skills have not advanced with my age. I could probably have a conversation with a 7 year old or a dog without a problem. Of course, I would get along better with the dog.

Thanks people.

charlottez
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

I do know you shouldn't wear white to a wedding as only the bride is supposed to wear white.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

your long pants would be fine. no sneakers. a blouse and a matching summer blazer (pastel color might be nice). a sales clerk at a department store could help you pick something if you need more specific advice.

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2013, 5:53 am

It sounds as though you have a pear shaped body where your bigger on bottom than top. This link has some good tips on what looks good for this shape:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... -body.html

When in doubt........mumble.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 9:59 am

Try something pastel, wide legged pants, a short sleeved of sleeveless top and a loose overshirt/thin jacket. It's on the beach so flats would work. If it's very casual you could wear a sundress.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Try something pastel, wide legged pants, a short sleeved of sleeveless top and a loose overshirt/thin jacket. It's on the beach so flats would work. If it's very casual you could wear a sundress.

Wide legged pants, short sleeved top and a thin jacket is what a wear on a daily basis! But only a few of the t shirts are pastel colors. I'm more of colors associated with fall like deep burgundy, dark brown, bronze.

Thanks everyone for your help. Next Wednesday I'll head over to Salvation Army for their weekly 50% off clothes sale to see if they have anything. It's really fantastic. For the last wedding I spent $3.50 for the dress.