Celebrities that DONT have Aspergers

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JAC92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

Not trying to evoke controversy but you people have been so empathetic and generous that I feel that were all grown up enough to handle a topic as thorny as this.

Yes its surreal that a website trying to empower and glorify Aspies would have an Aspie like myself start a thread like this. Though I'll tell you why. I'll elaborate a series of justifiable reasons.

1.) I get weary of so many people labeling just about every name and celebrity that is high-profile as being under the spectrum, it makes me cringe because it gives me glimpse of what my life could've been had not been for the obstacles and adversity I've faced. Anyone that has read my posts knows that it's been a very arduous life for me.

2.) By labeling everyone under the sun who is famous with the disorder, you reinforce this idea and belief that the secret behind these famous people greatness is the autism and you make it seem that the trait is superhuman and no one off the spectrum could complete the feats that they do. That in Academia and Hollywood only people with Aspegers could ascend to such a level of intellect, and that its this trait that elevates them to the higher echelon of society. All of this makes me cringe because It makes me feel well if I had the same opportunities or wasn't scrutinized to the degree I was I would be flying high myself.

3. It would be fun to take a thread that has been beaten to death and give it a spin no harm intended, but we've seemed to cover everyone as having the disability. Even the unlikeliest people have been surmised as having it.

Really I'm just looking for closure that being off the spectrum isn't detrimental to great genius that there are celebrities and names that are gifted and far exceed their colleagues intellect. That you don't have to be Aspie to be innovative or ingenious because threes this recurring trend of many gifted minds having it, it makes me feel inadequate that I should be riding high with them.

JAC92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2013, 9:49 pm

I can buy people like Burton, Crispin Glover, and Gates because their eccentricities, and mannerisms make it evidnet. Though its far fetched to label those like Orson Welles, Steve Jobs, and Walt Disney who while cantankerous were said to be eloquent, placid, and sociable.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 9:56 pm

Ellen Degeneres?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

Jenny McCarthy

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 5:06 am

How about Tom Hanks.

And, Joy Behar.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Mar 2013, 6:26 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 6:38 am

JAC92 wrote:
but you people have been so empathetic

Empathetic? What's that? :wink:

Aspergers is the new Gay.

If you Google a celebrity name proceeded with "is" i.e. "is George Clooney..."
The first choice in the drop down with be, "is George Clooney gay?"
Now I picked George Clooney randomly. It seems to do that with most celebrities.

Now if you type in "does George Clooney have..."
The first choice in the drop down will be, "does George Clooney have aspergers?."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 8:02 am

People just say all these celebrities have AS because they think it will make the unhappy self-loathing Aspies feel better and get a better attitude towards having AS. Sadly it hasn't worked on me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 9:51 am

briankelley wrote:
JAC92 wrote:
but you people have been so empathetic

Empathetic? What's that? :wink:

Aspergers is the new Gay.

If you Google a celebrity name proceeded with "is" i.e. "is George Clooney..."
The first choice in the drop down with be, "is George Clooney gay?"
Now I picked George Clooney randomly. It seems to do that with most celebrities.

Now if you type in "does George Clooney have..."
The first choice in the drop down will be, "does George Clooney have aspergers?."

Thats pretty funny!

But...

We all know that Kim Kardashian is a lesbian aspie!