Page 24 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Jaden wrote:
SuperPhosphate wrote:
Lol, I love the name- made me thought of Gizmo- feed and look after it right and it wont turn into a gremlin!!

Wow...

I dunno... that statement...kinda works... when you think about melt downs and the like... an Autist can be thought to be a bit like a gremlin...

Lol maybe, it just didn't seem all that connected to me at the time but from that perspective I guess it doesn't kind of make sense.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 10:47 pm

Jaden wrote:
Lol maybe, it just didn't seem all that connected to me at the time but from that perspective I guess it doesn't kind of make sense.

Yeah... Feed me at the wrong time and I turn into a monster...

KindleHeart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2015, 8:18 pm

Awesome, the thread title made me laugh. I read a few of your posts. They are well written and interesting. In the sensory issues post you talked about auditory, visual, scent, touch, taste but not spatial. I see spatial issues as related to touch issues and the personal bubble. When in a crowd someone can violate your personal bubble (spatial) and also bump into to you (touch).

As for the blog, when did you start it? What inspired you to do it? How did you get followers? Any advice on running a blog?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 4:17 am

KindleHeart wrote:
Awesome, the thread title made me laugh. I read a few of your posts. They are well written and interesting. In the sensory issues post you talked about auditory, visual, scent, touch, taste but not spatial. I see spatial issues as related to touch issues and the personal bubble. When in a crowd someone can violate your personal bubble (spatial) and also bump into to you (touch).

As for the blog, when did you start it? What inspired you to do it? How did you get followers? Any advice on running a blog?

I can only respond with this - Since I do not have a frame of reference for it (my spatial awareness is "eerie" according to the NTs in my life)... Also, I do discuss personal space in a couple if instances, but I will consider going more in depth... HOWEVER, I am not sure it fits into the concept of the articles as I am trying to take a generalist approach and in most cases, I hear of aspies having no respect for personal space... when I get back to it (I am editing my series right now), I will do some research into that...

It's been about three years... I don't have followers that I know of... and my advice is to research, make sure you never make an incorrect statement, and WRITE, WRITE, WRITE

mik9
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2015, 11:09 pm

I have only read few parts and I already love your blog.

In part 15, you mentioned that you started your own company. Do you have a post about becoming self-employed as an aspie?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm

mik9 wrote:
I have only read few parts and I already love your blog.

In part 15, you mentioned that you started your own company. Do you have a post about becoming self-employed as an aspie?

I do not have a post on that. SO... I will consider it. I am not sure what I would write on that, but I will give it some thought.

I am also thinking about having some guest writers on the series.

mik9
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2016, 5:48 pm

Thanks for replying.
Yes it's a huge subject. I was thinking more of the aspie side of it - the pros and cons of being self-employed on the spectrum.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:02 pm

mik9 wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Yes it's a huge subject. I was thinking more of the aspie side of it - the pros and cons of being self-employed on the spectrum.

I am working on my thoughts for that... It's gotta wait while I get my Private Investigators license.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 1:09 am

so... thinking about making a video series based on this blog series... what do you think

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 12:39 am

Just an update... we are about 1/3rd of the way through with formatting the physical print book. We have discovered that we need to cut it into 3 or four books or it would be a nightmare of a tome. So... We're going to get the first one done and play the best by ear.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2017, 9:41 pm

Just read the first article, this is fantastic! I honestly thought it was going to be a blog about how to take care of an aspie like he or she is ret*d or something. But this is a very unexpected yet pleasent sight to see. Keep up a good work!

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 6:03 am

I wanted to share some good news with you all.

The Care and Feeding of Your Aspie is going to be available in physical printed book form by weeks, end and on kindle within 2 weeks.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:48 am

The care and feeding of your aspie is now in printed form... HERE IT IS

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

:D I really loved this. It made me laugh. At first I wondered if the topic name indicated a crass article with little substance, but then I read a large portion of the advice I keep trying to give NTs. I'm blown away by how I am(I think) often perceived as self-absorbed or even whiny, or worse, yet all I want to say to the NTs that I still speak to is exactly this: "The way in which you communicate creates the divide, the shut-down, the pulling away, the anger that you perceive. And Stop Interrupting!! ! Gahhhhh!!" haha!

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 1:32 pm

Thank you... That is precisely why I write the series.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 4:58 am

Your blog posts contain a great deal of truth Mr. Ferralucce. One thing I truly despise is when there's a change in procedures in the warehouse I work and even the slightest amount of change or alteration can cause a great deal of anger and stimming for hours on end it seems. It's quite draining indeed.

Anytime a forklift goes down or I'm forced to work with somebody when I usually work alone, some new guy starting that I have to train, too much clutter and not enough space in which to work and and when drivers demand that I load their trucks, etc. etc.

As an Aspie it's amazing that I can work at any of the work places I've been at. I don't think many Autistics could. It's no wonder I had a heart attack in 2010 when I was only 34 years old. Just stressed right out all the time.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)