Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:59 am

I really love the movies. My favourite is the second one. I also have read the books but I didn´t like them as much as the movies.

The only thing I miss is the Scouring of the Shire.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 8:49 am

I thought the movies did an alright job, but they didn't stay faithful enough. With the loss of the songs, Tom Bombadil, and other times that were more about the magic and charm of the world, and by playing up the action and darkness, they tended to feel more like generic action-fantasy. I do appreciate that the songs came back (sans the Rivendell song) in the Hobbit, and Rohan was exactly as I pictured it.

Also... Richard Armitage as Thorin? Played the role well. Looked NOTHING like he was described in the book. Honestly, I though he was a short human or something who was living with the dwarves.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

Coming from someone who did not read the books (read The Hobbit, thought it was the driest book ever, have not seen the Hobbit film yet), I thought the trilogy was damned good. Excellent character development over the course of the three films, mostly great acting, and the CGI / FX for the most part is top-notch. My only complaint is that the fighting got to be a bit "Hercules / Xena Warrior Princess" at times, especially for Gimley, Aragon and Legolas. But other than that the films are excellent and their box office success was well deserved in my opinion.